graped420 Posted October 7, 2015 Author Report Posted October 7, 2015 if i went fosgate id get the p3d2 and wire it to 1 ohm ive read the p3 is much better quality then the p2 but why not american bass from what ive heard they have really high quality subs
Jupi Posted October 7, 2015 Report Posted October 7, 2015 They have good subs, but Fosgate is known for having the best stuff Amps included
MotorCityFats13 Posted October 7, 2015 Report Posted October 7, 2015 I would suggest RF over AB all day... most of my friends went with american bass and they loved playing slinky with the voice coils.... I run a low budget build and saved up just a small amount more to have something stronger.... DC Audio all the way! lol
tommyboy Posted October 7, 2015 Report Posted October 7, 2015 Have you checked on Craigslist, I bought a brand new sa 12 for $169 still in the plastic. Just a thought.
CstrokerV Posted October 7, 2015 Report Posted October 7, 2015 didn't see if you had an amp...... but if you save longer for less then 600 you can get a sa12 a sae600 and all the wire you need to hook it up through sonic... i mean that would be a decent first system i just did it for my nephew well got him the 15 it came up to 580.... well that was 4 channel rcas, 2 channel rcas, 4guage wire, the amp the sub i already had a fuse and fuse holder my build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/142505-small-build-log-4-dc-lvl3-10s-tl-update-link-to-rebuild/ http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/154258-rebuild-6-lvl3-12s-update-small-video-nothing-spectacular/ new build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188181-03-trailblazer-slow-build-8-dc-lvl3-12-m1-motor-m2-parts/
Triticum Agricolam Posted October 7, 2015 Report Posted October 7, 2015 There are LOT of good choices in that price range. I throw another option at you, you can get a FU Audio 12 for $165 shipped. I have no personal experience with it, but it compared favorably against similar subs in a comparison done by Taylor Fade. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
graped420 Posted October 8, 2015 Author Report Posted October 8, 2015 So spending an extra 100 bucks to go from the rockford p3 to the sundown sa12 is worth it? I have not heard any suns from rockford or sundown so I have no idea but the build quality of sundown looks top notch
RainStryke Posted October 8, 2015 Report Posted October 8, 2015 I have the HDS210 D4 in my car and HDS212 D4 in my wife's car currently... They work perfect on my alpine amps, the MRV-M500 and MRX-M55. They are both running at 2OHM's and getting well over 500w each. Had a pair of HDS312's as well. I really felt like those HDS312's were a whole lot of sub for $160 mine definitely got loud. If you are thinking about spending $200 for the Sundown SA series subs, I'd also consider DC Audio level 2, Fi Audio X or SSD series, Incriminator Audio's Lethal Injection series, or American Bass XFL series.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.