Wasteland_Audio Posted October 9, 2015 Report Posted October 9, 2015 I was just wondering what the pros and cons were between the two, I understand the difference between them but I've noticed that a lot of SPL guys run components and not coaxials, is there a reason for this?
will77530 Posted October 9, 2015 Report Posted October 9, 2015 from my experience components sound a lot better, you also need to think about placement when deciding between the two if you dont have a factory location for a seperate tweet then you are looking at custom pillars as well
MotorCityFats13 Posted October 9, 2015 Report Posted October 9, 2015 for the most part they are the same.... if you are going to separate the 2 for better staging then comps are better, if you are just going to mount the tweeter next to the main driver get coax.. if you go active then more power can get to the speaker because the passive x-over consumes/wastes power, if you have a lot of bass and need the rest to keep up then more power on tap is better.... plus with comps if you run multiple sets and you can delete tweeters to help imaging and not be so bright
Wasteland_Audio Posted October 9, 2015 Author Report Posted October 9, 2015 Thanks for that, I wasn't sure about them and forgot about the whole staging thing. Thankfully my 'Burban has factory comps so it'll be an easy swap for the kicker components I got. one more question tho, what guage wiring would you recommend for door speakers running about 100 rms or so?
MotorCityFats13 Posted October 9, 2015 Report Posted October 9, 2015 stock wire size... something between 16-20awg.... unless you plan on replacing all the wire through the whole truck then maybe 14-16awg..... 100rms really does not require anything special
Wasteland_Audio Posted October 9, 2015 Author Report Posted October 9, 2015 Nice, I was not looking forward to pulling all new wire through my doors and dash, that's a relief. But what about if my suburban has factory amps, will I have to bypass them or does it matter? just wondering because im putting in a pioneer 4 channel.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.