2004 'burban. 2 DC Lv6m2's, 9kw $5500 budget build

Since this is a budget build (mine was originally as well) I would have recommended some Dekas over the Xs Power batts, then you may have been able to snag another one or two. I have a Mechman 370 and it is a TANK... One more thing, I think I would go with some 1/0 Welding cable over the 1/0 CCA. In my budget build I was able to locate some reasonably priced OFC welding cable and never looked back. Box looks dope man !

Yea the batteries were the 4th most expensive part after the subs, amps, and alternator. I guess i really wasn't thinking that there were cheaper agm batts out there when i did order them, hind-site eh? but as far as the CCA goes its just the belva brand that i got for a really good price. and thanks man, im really trying to take my time on it so it'll be a clean, quality box.

lookin good keep up the good work. youll prob want to upgrade amps within 15min of getting it playing and seeing the subs move maybe 1" peak to peak lol.

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Yea i watched that one actually, i'm one of those guys that'll give the little guy a chance tho, my current setup is a 15" DD Redline 700 series running off a Power Acoustik RZ1-2300D and it's been one of the best setups I've ever run. The amp is running at 1 ohm when they claim it can't run at, and the claimed RMS ratings are well over the subs rating even at 2 ohms. I've been waiting to see which one breaks first, but after almost 2 years of daily bump, neither of them show any signs of giving up. So basically what I'm saying is that everyone gives Audiopipe a bad rap, but i would rather find out myself if they're up to the task or not, and if that's the case, then i'll have a couple amps to run much smaller setups with.

im not trying to say you arent correct, but the system sounding really good to you doesnt have anything to do with the amount of "power" being applied to the woofer. have you tested to see what your impedance rise was when wired at 1 ohm, or the power actually being put out by the amp? For example i used to run 1 N2 @ 1 ohm on a JL Audio 500.1, thats a 2 ohm stable amp but ran like a champ wired to 1ohm, and worked the shit out of the woofer. ive had plenty of systems where i thought it sounded AMAZING to listen to, and the woofer was flexin, but i was still seriously under powering the woofer, and overworking the little amp i had on it lol.

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 DD M3b

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

And i'm sure that's exactly the case on my current setup, not only that but the box that it's in is far from optimal. That's why i'm taking my time on this build and trying new things, if it doesn't work then it doesn't work and i'll try something else.

Nice work so far, tuned in

Pioneer 80PRS

4 Scan Speak discovery 4" full rage

2 Ampere Audio 6.5 Comp sets

3 Singer 370 Hairpin's

1 Odyssey g78/34-P1500

6 DieHard Platinum Marine g31

4 XS D3100's

DC 175.4

DC 90.4

4 DC 5k's

4 m3 lvl 5 15's

Soundrive RCA's

Lots of welding lead & SkyHigh

Team DC AUDIO

theres gonna be a lot of bracing right?

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

2 DD M3b

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Archived