WillistonAudioLabs Posted October 10, 2015 Report Posted October 10, 2015 One of my most eagerly anticipated old school amp tests, the US Amps VLX-400. Here are the specs: 200 watts x 2 channels at 4 ohms (400W total for competition purposes) 800 watts x 1 at 4 ohms bridged 1600 watts x 1 at 2 ohms bridged 2400 watts x 1 at 1 ohm bridged 44" long 400A Fuse Required Amp manufactured between 1996-1999 MSRP: $3699 USD Let's see how it does on the Amp Dyno! Watch on YouTube in Full 4K UHD! or embedded below: See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear! See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo
ROLEXrifleman Posted October 10, 2015 Report Posted October 10, 2015 Rolex you sicken me. Just let me finish my pie ~ Juice
Bob Tzimenatos Posted October 10, 2015 Report Posted October 10, 2015 Impressive, no doubt. But that wattage is available these days at 1/4 the price and half the size. Back in the day I ran Soundstream Reference amps in my SQ ride. Added up to about $2.50 a watt. Wish I could get ahold of some of those Ref amps now.
CleanSierra Posted October 10, 2015 Report Posted October 10, 2015 Great video as always Derek. That surfboard is on the bucket list of old school amps for many guys. It's seriously gorgeous and I don't know HOW you have one in much mint condition! Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
WillistonAudioLabs Posted October 11, 2015 Author Report Posted October 11, 2015 Impressive, no doubt. But that wattage is available these days at 1/4 the price and half the size. Back in the day I ran Soundstream Reference amps in my SQ ride. Added up to about $2.50 a watt. Wish I could get ahold of some of those Ref amps now. Is there even a full range amp that does this kind of power these days? I know it's ridiculous to have an amp this powerful powering mids/highs, but this is a full range, class AB amp. There are advantages to class AB amps, but disadvantages as well (size, efficiency, etc). See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear! See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted October 11, 2015 Report Posted October 11, 2015 There are a couple big a/b full range surfboards available today but I couldn't say if they do rated or not. American bass vfl-4000 fr is one of them. http://www.americanbassusa.com/Amplifiers/VFL-Series/VFL-4000-FR-WORLD-BIGGEST-2-CHANNEL-CLASS-AB.html Lazar has a big opti 2 channel as well and I believe orion has a big hcca 2 channel. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
WillistonAudioLabs Posted October 11, 2015 Author Report Posted October 11, 2015 There are a couple big a/b full range surfboards available today but I couldn't say if they do rated or not. American bass vfl-4000 fr is one of them. http://www.americanbassusa.com/Amplifiers/VFL-Series/VFL-4000-FR-WORLD-BIGGEST-2-CHANNEL-CLASS-AB.html Lazar has a big opti 2 channel as well and I believe orion has a big hcca 2 channel. The AB says 580mm long...that's only 23", but the ratings are impressive. See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear! See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo
ROLEXrifleman Posted October 11, 2015 Report Posted October 11, 2015 I was shocked at the length of this thing, that's what she said, it makes the Hifonics Colossus look like a midget! Rolex you sicken me. Just let me finish my pie ~ Juice
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted October 11, 2015 Report Posted October 11, 2015 I belive the length is a typo, I've seen one in person and they are almost 3' in length. I think it's supposed to be 850mm That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Miguels Posted October 11, 2015 Report Posted October 11, 2015 does the size of the amp really matter? it would really be more impressive if it did that power on half the size my logshttp://www.stevemead...-my-new-set-up/my blow through loghttp://www.stevemead...future-updates/ 96 ss http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/164094-96-impala-ss-build/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.