Voltage Drop over Meter, not in actual wiring

Hey Guys,

Just threw in a ct sounds bass knob on my system. They come with the led volt meter (digital). I just ran a run of positive and negative 14g from the knob back to the amp. The bass knob will read 13.5 while my cheap digital volt meter (cigarette lighter amazon special) reads around 14.0. To test this I also grabbed my dmm and when the cig lighter meter reads 14, so do the amps with the dmm. It does seem to stay consistent with a .4-.5 v drop on for the ct meter. My question is why does this have a voltage drop, because from using the dmm I know my amps are seeing good voltage.

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later)

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

I have the mt audio gain knob and volt meter combo (identical to the ct sounds) and it reads .4 lower than what it actually is. I just know that it's always .4 higher than what it's showing on the display.

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

I have the mt audio gain knob and volt meter combo (identical to the ct sounds) and it reads .4 lower than what it actually is. I just know that it's always .4 higher than what it's showing on the display.

oh ok thankyou. Yea it isn't a huge issue, I just wondered if there was possibly anything I was doing wrong. I have a smd vm1 arriving on tuesday so I'll run that as my primary volt meter then.

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later)

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

Archived