quincyj34 Posted October 16, 2015 Report Posted October 16, 2015 Im ready to upgrade my mids and high. I have a 92 f150 with an Aq1200d on a xfl 12 and and an alpine deck . Currently I have stock speakers. I was looking at going with Alpine type r 6.5s for the doors and 6x9 for the rear but I see a lot of people go with hertz and Crescendo. I wouldnt mid going with a set of crescendo but I see the are discontinued of their website. What is a good set of mids/highs that are around the same price as the type rs. Im not sure if I should run them on an amp or just my deck. Im open to all suggestions.
Carnines Posted October 16, 2015 Report Posted October 16, 2015 I say delete rear fill and run only a set of ampere dream series up front. Wait until next month to get a deal on them on black friday sales.
Rich Schenk Posted October 16, 2015 Report Posted October 16, 2015 I would just save up and get a good set of components for up front. Not worry about rears right now and get a decent amp to push your front stage. On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said: Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science... Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/ 2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/ 2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded
quincyj34 Posted October 16, 2015 Author Report Posted October 16, 2015 What would you consider a good set?
White Lightning Posted October 16, 2015 Report Posted October 16, 2015 You have a standard cab or extended cab ?? My son has an 88 standard cab. Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
quincyj34 Posted October 17, 2015 Author Report Posted October 17, 2015 Its an extended cab. I woudlnt mind getting an amp for the component. I just never had a system with one.
quincyj34 Posted October 20, 2015 Author Report Posted October 20, 2015 I'm thinking about getting a soundqubed q4.90 and some American bass sq6.5 or the vfl 6.5 and thier sqt2 tweeter. What crossover do I need for them?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.