Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Help with box design for pair of 9515i


sbg

Recommended Posts

Posted

I been playing with designs for my pair of 9515i but can't seem to find something I like. Someone want to help out?

I have a 2008 HHR space is small.

All I play for music is decaf and stuff like that.

Looking for a box around 8cuft. Tuned to 35hz, 130" port area and 16-18" per foot.

But can't seem to make it work out.

Max dim

25" h

39"w

24"d

So far this is what I got, but the port area is not what I would like.

1018150853a_zpswp0k1ndy.jpg

1018150853b_zps6o5wgzpj.jpg

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

Posted

I had a 21 in the hrr with a long slot but it didn't have the earth shaking bass that I like, the bass was more tight... So I don't want a slot like that. Other setup was 2 sundown e12s port on side of box firing to driver side, that work well.

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

Posted

Pic of the 210929151920_zpsct8suubd.jpg

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

Posted

I had a 21 in the hrr with a long slot but it didn't have the earth shaking bass that I like, the bass was more tight... So I don't want a slot like that. Other setup was 2 sundown e12s port on side of box firing to driver side, that work well.

As long as they are tuned the same and have appropriate port area, slot ports and aero ports don't sound/perform any differently.

How you have the box/ports oriented in your vehicle can make a big difference though.

How much power are you running?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

I had a 21 in the hrr with a long slot but it didn't have the earth shaking bass that I like, the bass was more tight... So I don't want a slot like that. Other setup was 2 sundown e12s port on side of box firing to driver side, that work well.

As long as they are tuned the same and have appropriate port area, slot ports and aero ports don't sound/perform any differently.

How you have the box/ports oriented in your vehicle can make a big difference though.

How much power are you running?

3700wrms 12.6 volt rated. But will be going to a 5k

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

Posted
3700wrms 12.6 volt rated. But will be going to a 5k

OK. I think your specs of 8 cubes with 130 sq in of port area at 35 hz sound pretty reasonable. I'd try to see if a slot port would work.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

I see nothing wrong with 2 6" aeros per 15" sub. That should do the trick quite nicely. Are we talking about REAL aeroports from PSP? If so, I'd rock that idea in a heartbeat. Yeah it's not ideal on paper but in the real world it should not have vent noise and should knock your fucking socks off with those 9515s.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

I see nothing wrong with 2 6" aeros per 15" sub. That should do the trick quite nicely. Are we talking about REAL aeroports from PSP? If so, I'd rock that idea in a heartbeat. Yeah it's not ideal on paper but in the real world it should not have vent noise and should knock your fucking socks off with those 9515s.

I went with the box at 8cuft. With the 4-6" port. Just round ports. But they worked well. Not port noise at all real flat response. Think I'm going to put them on a 8k :)

But I need,to,so,some for real electrical. As of now Only 1 d3100 and stock alt and what not. Dropping to 11.8 sometimes haha.

Score is 100% sealed up on windshield.1031151609a_zpsi1qd7kdr.jpg

1029151456_zpscgnnnyf3.jpg

1102151720a_zpsypn8rlsz.jpg1102151720_zpsufgmt2we.jpg

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

Posted

That roof must be getting it! if you don't get the results you want after upgrading power you might as well go with a wall instead, size wise you are pretty close.

Posted

That roof must be getting it! if you don't get the results you want after upgrading power you might as well go with a wall instead, size wise you are pretty close.

I got the roof 1/2 ass done with deadner. That helped a lot. I was not sure if I should have done a wall with just 2 15... That's why I just went with a big box. In sure this thing is going to get a wall. I hope to get a 150 when I upgrade alt And amp

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9771 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...