New Box

New headunit

New Amps

• 5 weeks later...

My next RC will be a baja 5t.

oct08_1_800.jpg

Buddy has a 5b and is smokes my poor little savage :(

Nitro sucks when you got someone on 2 cycle

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

i got 1 of these cars but i think it need a new motor and minor things i dunno i forgot how to work on them been bout 8 years since i done anything with it

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

My next RC will be a baja 5t.

Buddy has a 5b and is smokes my poor little savage :(

Nitro sucks when you got someone on 2 cycle

I have been wanting one of those too. I'm in the middle of redoing my stereo in my truck right now but when it's done I'm gonna get a 5t. Honestly, I can't stand all the tuning nitro takes. That's why I converted most of my RCs to brushless. Just plug in the batteries and go. The 2 strokes don't take near as much tuning as nitro that's another reason I want to get a 5t.

HU: Pioneer

Highs: 2X 4X6"s, 2X 3.5"s, 4X 5.25" comps, Q-Logic kicks, and a Sundown SAX-125.2

Subs: 4 Nightshade 15s and Strapped SAZ-3500Ds <---Sundown FTW good.gif

Electrical: dual DC Power 320s (ordered) and 2 D3400s up frt and 4 D2700s in the back

.ʇı ɥʇıʍ ʞɔnɟ ʇ,uɐɔ noʎ 'ʞɔıp ǝɹos ɐ ǝʞı1 sı uʍopunS

26d2fe1a.jpg0969b13f.jpg343030b8.jpg

• 1 month later...

Here is my SMD tribute R/C style!

Its a 1/8 scale Jeep JK going on an Axial SCX10, but you know it needed some tunes, too. Its not a subwoofer, just full range speakers, so it does not flex, buzz, vibrate, dance or any of that. :lol:

Cygnett ipod speaker from Frys = $14.99.

http://www.frys.com/product/5816143?site=s...CH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Most of them seem to come brand new with the speakers falling inside the box due to the glue not holding, so you gotta be prepared to take them apart anyway.

They come in gloss black, and I knew I would be pulling it apart to paint it with black bedliner, so I was not worried about the loose speakers. I went ahead and hot glued them back in while it was apart.

Now, these come with a USB cable to charge the internal battery and a short cable that plugs into any headphone jack on an MP3 (2.5mm I think). So be prepared to have those wires included in your build.

I knew I wanted the box to be permanently mounted in my JK interior, so I drilled holes for the cables through the floor and ended up epoxying the box to the rear seat. I will velcro my ipod inside somewhere so I can remove it for charging/loading music.

To me they sounded better aimed upwards since they are directional. For you speaker buffs, they are 1" full ranges, and the enclosure has what amounts to a passive radiator on the backside. Sounds pretty good for what it is.

I am not 100% sure, but maybe the onboard amp could handle 2 more cell phone speakers mounted up in the front door panels, too!

It takes 4 hours to charge the speaker box battery, and it says it will play for 6 hours.

Rock on while you drive!"thumbsup"

2009_11262008Feb0017.jpg

2009_11262008Feb0018.jpg

2009_11262008Feb0021.jpg

2009_11302008Feb0021.jpg

Oh and since this is an R/C thread, here is the body in progress:

2009_11302008Feb0009.jpg

I'm pretty proud of my newly home made snorkel!

2009_11302008Feb0027.jpg

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

I have been wanting one of those too. I'm in the middle of redoing my stereo in my truck right now but when it's done I'm gonna get a 5t. Honestly, I can't stand all the tuning nitro takes. That's why I converted most of my RCs to brushless. Just plug in the batteries and go. The 2 strokes don't take near as much tuning as nitro that's another reason I want to get a 5t.

I'm working on a few leads for them :diablo:

Maybe we can do an SMD group buy ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I'm working on a few leads for them :diablo:

Maybe we can do an SMD group buy ;)

I'd be interested. I just got in on the group buy for some XS batteries yesterday so the money's a little funny right now, but I'd like to get one if I can.

HU: Pioneer

Highs: 2X 4X6"s, 2X 3.5"s, 4X 5.25" comps, Q-Logic kicks, and a Sundown SAX-125.2

Subs: 4 Nightshade 15s and Strapped SAZ-3500Ds <---Sundown FTW good.gif

Electrical: dual DC Power 320s (ordered) and 2 D3400s up frt and 4 D2700s in the back

.ʇı ɥʇıʍ ʞɔnɟ ʇ,uɐɔ noʎ 'ʞɔıp ǝɹos ɐ ǝʞı1 sı uʍopunS

26d2fe1a.jpg0969b13f.jpg343030b8.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived