CleanSierra Posted October 27, 2015 Report Posted October 27, 2015 BTW, I don't know why you're hung up on Bassbox and WINisd graphs. They don't mean much once the enclosure has cabin gain factored in as mentioned previously. So all that modeling doesn't mean much Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Joe X Posted October 27, 2015 Report Posted October 27, 2015 Another sub just mentioned to me is dss ethos. Joe can u see how that looks in a graph compared? Here is the DSS vs the AA3 they are very close in performance except somewhat better power handling with the DSS
cocoleveo7686 Posted October 27, 2015 Author Report Posted October 27, 2015 If I only had 3.2 cubes, I'd go with 10s before 12s. You'll get better lows from 10s in a properly sized box. I know DC says you can get away with smaller boxes but that's got the general public, not guys listening to the kind of music we listen to. 10s would get the job done better in my opinion.I never heard 10s really. Maybe 1 or 2 times. So i dont know if they would get as loud as my 2 12 xfls did in a 2.7 cubes after displacement total.So you think 2 nasty 10s will get louder?
cocoleveo7686 Posted October 27, 2015 Author Report Posted October 27, 2015 Another sub just mentioned to me is dss ethos. Joe can u see how that looks in a graph compared? Here is the DSS vs the AA3 they are very close in performance except somewhat better power handling with the DSS Joex. If you had 3.2 cubes to work with and couldn't fit a 15" what would u go with? Just curious. Id hate to spend tons of money and not be happy. I liked how loud the xfls got but the bandwidth sucked and they didn't sound too good
CleanSierra Posted October 27, 2015 Report Posted October 27, 2015 If I only had 3.2 cubes, I'd go with 10s before 12s. You'll get better lows from 10s in a properly sized box. I know DC says you can get away with smaller boxes but that's got the general public, not guys listening to the kind of music we listen to. 10s would get the job done better in my opinion.I never heard 10s really. Maybe 1 or 2 times. So i dont know if they would get as loud as my 2 12 xfls did in a 2.7 cubes after displacement total.So you think 2 nasty 10s will get louder? Yes I do. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
cocoleveo7686 Posted October 28, 2015 Author Report Posted October 28, 2015 If I only had 3.2 cubes, I'd go with 10s before 12s. You'll get better lows from 10s in a properly sized box. I know DC says you can get away with smaller boxes but that's got the general public, not guys listening to the kind of music we listen to. 10s would get the job done better in my opinion.I never heard 10s really. Maybe 1 or 2 times. So i dont know if they would get as loud as my 2 12 xfls did in a 2.7 cubes after displacement total.So you think 2 nasty 10s will get louder? Yes I do. So i put a dc level 3 10" in a 1.6 cu box on win isd and they db level is way lower and the 12 plays the same bandwidth . I know this isnt 100% true as its diff in a car. I am just trying to understand. Do u want me to post the dc level 3 10 and 12 in the same box so u can see the graph?
CleanSierra Posted October 28, 2015 Report Posted October 28, 2015 Do what you want dude, I don't think I can help you. I think you're pretty set on wanting 2 12s in a tiny box. I don't care what a graph on WINisd tells you because it will NOT matter once in the car. If you want 12s, go with 12s. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
poorfish88 Posted October 28, 2015 Report Posted October 28, 2015 If I only had 3.2 cubes, I'd go with 10s before 12s. You'll get better lows from 10s in a properly sized box. I know DC says you can get away with smaller boxes but that's got the general public, not guys listening to the kind of music we listen to. 10s would get the job done better in my opinion.I never heard 10s really. Maybe 1 or 2 times. So i dont know if they would get as loud as my 2 12 xfls did in a 2.7 cubes after displacement total.So you think 2 nasty 10s will get louder? Yes I do. So i put a dc level 3 10" in a 1.6 cu box on win isd and they db level is way lower and the 12 plays the same bandwidth . I know this isnt 100% true as its diff in a car. I am just trying to understand. Do u want me to post the dc level 3 10 and 12 in the same box so u can see the graph? If I only had 3.2 cubes, I'd go with 10s before 12s. You'll get better lows from 10s in a properly sized box. I know DC says you can get away with smaller boxes but that's got the general public, not guys listening to the kind of music we listen to. 10s would get the job done better in my opinion.I never heard 10s really. Maybe 1 or 2 times. So i dont know if they would get as loud as my 2 12 xfls did in a 2.7 cubes after displacement total.So you think 2 nasty 10s will get louder? Yes I do. So i put a dc level 3 10" in a 1.6 cu box on win isd and they db level is way lower and the 12 plays the same bandwidth . I know this isnt 100% true as its diff in a car. I am just trying to understand. Do u want me to post the dc level 3 10 and 12 in the same box so u can see the graph? In a non dickish way... You don't even know how to use win isd. You got numbers everywhere! Do subs unloading sound like lows to you? Kinda dickish but you don't listen.
cocoleveo7686 Posted October 29, 2015 Author Report Posted October 29, 2015 Do what you want dude, I don't think I can help you. I think you're pretty set on wanting 2 12s in a tiny box. I don't care what a graph on WINisd tells you because it will NOT matter once in the car. If you want 12s, go with 12s. Well i know someone who will do octoport so it will save do after sub displacement ill have 4.0 to work with. Is that much better for 12s? Sorry i wish someone arounr me had 10s i could hear that are loud
CleanSierra Posted October 29, 2015 Report Posted October 29, 2015 If you can do 4 cubes net, 12s will be fine. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.