Help needed with SPL mid/highs for 2 FI Teams/SP4's

feathered1iron

Carnies, HLCD is not the "end all be all" or the drivers everyone works up to have in their vehicle. If they were that easy, everyone would run them.

Maybe 5% of the audio world use them.

Yea, they get loud, but for the average audiophile ... sound like shit unless installed just perfect and completely tuned out.

Only two cars in the entire audio competition history sucessfully run them the way they were meant to run. There was soo much modifications done to those cars they were trailer queens for most of their competition seasons ...

They will not work in every vehicle "too hard to install" and the are very tough to tune correctly.

As much as I love to listen to them ... to be honnest, they are too much sugar for a dime so to speak.

I'm not bashing you brother ... just trying to help out.

Yea I understand what you are saying man. I was just giving out another option that not everyone is aware of.

I think that's extremely overkill.

I'd personally find a component set you like. Grab 2 sets. Both mids will fit in the doors and the tweets in the a pillar.

Keep it simple

x2

anything else is overkill unless you just want it... KISS

x3.... Keep it simple... Less is more sometimes.

EH. I feel like multiple tweeters in the a pillars takes away from the factory look. You can fabricate a mid to look factory though so it's different. I always felt like horn and mid bass was less than multiple components.

Audio is very opinionated though. To each his own.

I do understand the stock look you are referring too. But a 10 or 12 in the door doesn't look very stock either.

Still learning but have started gathering.

I don't care about keeping it factory looking. If I wanted to get loud would 2 Rockford PPS4-10s in the front doors, PP4-NT tweets, and some crossovers

Current Setup:

Mechman 370a Alt 4 pin

DC Triple Alt Bracket

XS3400 Battery

4 Ampere 6.5 components 4 tweets

Ampere 150.4 way

Norcal SS Custom 3/5 Lowering Kit with 3inch Lower Control Arms

DG Roll Pan

LED License Plate Lights

Archived