I just joined awhile back, been doing my own car audio for about 2 years, well since I got my first truck when I was 16 (now 18) but as of right now I have 2 10in p3d2's in a prefab box (bad mistake, shouldn't of took the easy way) wired to 2 ohms on a r-1200-1d right now, not what I wanted, or even ordered but I had already waited a month and wasn't waiting anymore so just ran them a little under rms. Future plans in the next couple months are to put 2 DC level 4 12's under the seat with 2 1.2k amps, one to each sub or strapped, still trying to find what the pros/cons of each are, any input would be appreciated. Already have some punch speakers but changing the fronts from coaxial to component when I put in a p400x4d. Gotta save up some more money but I'm only going to start off with 1 sub and amp and add the other later to spread out the spending, college student and part time job doesn't leave that much to be spent. especially since I still need to get a H/O alt. Still trying to find out what brand to go with. If anybody has any ideas for what brand to go with and some reasons you like them would be great, it'll be my first alternator upgrade. I'm going to try and get some pictures and maybe a video of them later this week when I have time to mess with it. I don't know how good or bad my installs are right now because I'm actually the only person that does them around me, so I do them all and they've all been happy with them, good for some spare cash too, but whenever I get the pictures I would appreciate any feedback (good or bad), thanks for reading.

Silverado

Mechman 240

Big 3

2 SA-12's

Rf speakers

Pioneer x8700

Coming Soon

Symphony or SAE1500

SAE 50.4

D3400

Alright thanks, I've been looking into the mechman, I've heard lots of good things about them, my local audio shop only carries the singer and it's the only one I've seen in person but it looks pretty stout so I'll have to look into the price differences.

Silverado

Mechman 240

Big 3

2 SA-12's

Rf speakers

Pioneer x8700

Coming Soon

Symphony or SAE1500

SAE 50.4

D3400

Ok. Those are the top brands. Make sure it's singer and not stinger. Also all of the above companies can be contacted directly and build alts specific to application. Might save some money going direct.

Still learning but have started gathering.

http://s898.photobucket.com/user/ReconRider12/media/IMG_00261.mp4.html?o=0

Here's a really short video I found of my system now playing, not much right now. Definitely need some sound deadener though. You can see I already have a little voltage drop, Electrical system upgrade is definitely need soon.

Silverado

Mechman 240

Big 3

2 SA-12's

Rf speakers

Pioneer x8700

Coming Soon

Symphony or SAE1500

SAE 50.4

D3400

Started getting around to revamping this system to keep me entertained while I stockpile pieces for the new one. Before I just had the amp back behind the seat just kinda laying there because i didn't want to take my entire backseat apart at the time, but right now I'm building an amp rack for the amp and a small platform for this capacitor for now, I don't really think this thing is doing much but I don't want to buy all new 4 ga wire when it will be change to 1/0 in the next 2 months. I'll get some pictures of the progress up tonight.

Silverado

Mechman 240

Big 3

2 SA-12's

Rf speakers

Pioneer x8700

Coming Soon

Symphony or SAE1500

SAE 50.4

D3400

Well I have my backseat and everything pulled out to put in some sound deadner but I can't seem to get my pictures to upload to the forum, there on photobucket but it keeps saying photo irk not accepted, i don't know what the problem is but once I figure it out they'll be up, when I get out of class today I'm going to start build my rack and platform, it's going to be set up a little bit to run all the wires under it and come up through the bottom to make it look cleaner. I have to run to the audio shop and see about some distribution blocks and get the deadner. Hopefully by tonight the platforms will start to take shape.

Silverado

Mechman 240

Big 3

2 SA-12's

Rf speakers

Pioneer x8700

Coming Soon

Symphony or SAE1500

SAE 50.4

D3400

Archived