_paralyzed_ Posted November 4, 2015 Report Posted November 4, 2015 Definitely needs some horn speakers painted gold.Gold hones FTW.
BeautyandtheBeast Posted November 4, 2015 Author Report Posted November 4, 2015 Crossover are in the future plans as well as changing many of things once money isn't a issue just as the way it plays out in my head is getting playing, play around with it a little bit, fix the bugs in the system (electrical, mechanicals, and piddly things), save up for what I really want (which is a very undecided factor), and move on with such. So in short play with the cheap stuff so I when I save up for the big boy stuff I don't brake the bank fixing everything else. Fair warning many of the things I attempt are experimental I know I will mess up some so rather not ruin it learning. Hope that didn't come off sounding mean, I intend on hearing every type of comment so this build may or may not turn out what some are used to but it's all experemental
BeautyandtheBeast Posted November 4, 2015 Author Report Posted November 4, 2015 Definitely needs some horn speakers painted gold. Gold hones FTW. Idk, anything is a possibility lol
low.n.louddd Posted November 8, 2015 Report Posted November 8, 2015 Definitely needs some horn speakers painted gold. Gold hones FTW. Don't make me count em... Got something in the works for myself... Stay tuned Previous personal builds (3) Fi Sp4 15" 6th 3 Fi sp4 15s, 6th, TFE 8.0. wind.... (6) Fi Sp4 18" DA Burban, 6 Fi Sp4 18s, plexiglass, LEDs, launched windshield on 2500 rms clamped lolz. etc (2) DC level 6 18s 2 Dc Level 6 18s in a civic hatch, NO WALL, my first big pretty build... Builds Ive done for folks: Dannys Van 12 Crossfire XSV4 18"s, 12 Crossfire 8xs, 48 XS Power d1600s, 165.5 SB4 2016 Champ Bobbys Yukon (new and old build) 4 B2 21"s in a 6th, plexiglass, LEDs, LOWSSSSS4 SSA Evil 18s, WIND WIND WIND Jacobs Silverado 2 CT Sounds EXO 15s, 6th order bandpass blowtrough Tonys Burban 6 HDC3 15s, colormatched standard ported, plexiglass, LEDs... etc Sauls Duramax 2 Sundown ZV4 18"s, 4th order blowthrough, plexiglass, LEDs, etc.. Jays Avalanche 2 DC Level 6 18s "blowthrough" plexiglass, LEDs, etc.. Codys Tahoe 4 Tantric SHD 18s, 4th, Ampere TFE 8.0, plexiglass LEDs n shiet Joes G35 4 Sundown SA 12s rammed in a g35 trunk, plexiglass, LEDs, the usual Ericks Lincoln 2 Sundown Zv4 12"s, 4th order trunk bandpass, wood grain, LEDs, etc..
BeautyandtheBeast Posted November 8, 2015 Author Report Posted November 8, 2015 So I ran into a dilemma about putting the 10s in my doors and I want suggestions on invert and I would stick 4-5 inch out the door or but actual power windows (currently with a conversion kit) and try to fit the most in room thay I can still be sticking 3-4 inches out the door, the reasons I can't fit them now is the available room I have wont give me enough room to fit it in the door without hitting the dash or if not the dash the bottom of the door panel opening.
Cardboardcat15 Posted November 8, 2015 Report Posted November 8, 2015 I'd scrap the idea of type s 10s in the door. Those are actual subwoofers. you'd be better off finding a decent set of pro audio tens. They'll likely have a smaller mounting depth, and probably offer you better results in the midbass department. My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/
Carnines Posted November 8, 2015 Report Posted November 8, 2015 I'd scrap the idea of type s 10s in the door. Those are actual subwoofers. you'd be better off finding a decent set of pro audio tens. They'll likely have a smaller mounting depth, and probably offer you better results in the midbass department. Something from Eminence or Faital Pro maybe.. Beyma, Bms, 18 sound, or B&C if you wanna get expensive.
Cardboardcat15 Posted November 8, 2015 Report Posted November 8, 2015 I'd scrap the idea of type s 10s in the door. Those are actual subwoofers. you'd be better off finding a decent set of pro audio tens. They'll likely have a smaller mounting depth, and probably offer you better results in the midbass department. Something from Eminence or Faital Pro maybe.. Beyma, Bms, 18 sound, or B&C if you wanna get expensive. Hell, I'd even scrap the idea of 10's all together, and try to find some decently priced 8s for the doors, but that's just my personal taste. Either way, Carnines mentioned some decent brands. Head over to parts-express and take a look at their pro audio inventory. You'll be able to search through a lot of their stock and see what fits right for your application. Just remember that if you do decide to go the PA route, you'll either have to buy crossovers separately OR run active, which, depending on how many speakers you wish to put in your doors, could require you to buy another mids and high amp. EDIT: also, if you haven't run pro audio before, be warned; they're a totally different sound than conventional car audio speaks. Loud as fuck, but dry and sometimes fatiguing depending on listening levels. This is my experience with them. My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/
BeautyandtheBeast Posted November 8, 2015 Author Report Posted November 8, 2015 BUT if I didn't go that route just in the cause of tens in the doors invert or no invert
Carnines Posted November 9, 2015 Report Posted November 9, 2015 Wouldn't inverting defeat the purpose of putting them in the doors
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.