will cca work?

I know ofc will work but will cca work?

How many runs of sky high car audio cca 0/1 gauge wire should i use?

I have

1 Mechman alternator

2 dc2k

1 dc90.4

I plan on getting

1 xs power d6500

1 xsp3000

Some more sky high 0/1 cca or ofc

the way I look at it is... if you compete get ofc... if you have very long runs get ofc... if you have deep pockets get ofc... there are tons of vids doing pro/con cca/ofc cable demos...aluminum melts at a lower temp than copper and if you overheat cca it becomes garbage.... I run 4awg skyhigh cca... been using the same main cable for 3.5 years and my whole power setup is 4awg cca skyhigh "blue" good luck working on my system... lol

Thanks

I'm trying to save up for batteries next so i hope cca will work.

I might get cheaper agm batteries because i don't have much money.i found some agm batteries for 139.00 group 65.

use ofc..... amperage is not the only thing to look at.. CCA has more resistance and tends to heat up more resulting in more voltage drop.. also look at other brands

im going to get shit for this but honestly sky high wire is not the best out there.. i own it an like it but the kicker wire is tons better with the silver tin it cost more but its for a reason. KNU wire is tinned too and for a few bucks more.. just go with ofc no matter the brand

What's important is that you use the right wire for the amount of current you are going to have flowing. OFC can flow more amperage then a CCA wire of equal size, but if you don't need that additional capacity you aren't gaining anything by having it. As long as your wire can properly handle the current it needs to it doesn't matter if its OFC or CCA.

Now with that being said, quite often you will find yourself in a position where to have the proper size wire you need to go a size up if you use CCA. In that case the smaller OFC wire is quite ofter cheaper than the larger size CCA wire is so you actually save money using OFC. It all depends on the particular situation.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I'm not even close to 10k but thank you

Right now i need batteries bad.either

1 xspower and cca or

2 cheep agms and 1 run ofc or

2 cheap agms and 2 runs cca

I'm not sure what size or gauge to use?

I have 0/1 connectors and set screw fuse holders already.I'm trying to stay with 0/1. Will sky high 0/1 cca at 15ft work with my amps?

One more question will a 0/2 gauge to 0/1 gauge amp input fit into a 0/1 set screw fuse holder?

Archived