Motorcycle Advice (mainly SS)

My vote is Gixxer600 #1

R6 #2

ZX6- #3

Gixxer's are nice, comfy and probably the best resale value. They're highly sought after bikes or they were at 1 point not sure how the market looks right now

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

You can lower both the rear as well as the front to keep the geometry matched.

The ladies do it all the time on their bikes, so it really isn't a big deal, find the bike you like and can afford and have a blast.

My only suggestion is to insure yourself and not the bike, so buy the best policy you can possibly afford cause in the event you ever go off the bike for any reason the cost of repairing you will cost many times what the cost of the bike will be.

I have (BODILY INJURY & PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY) 250k, 500k and 100k which is max in the event something bad were to happen to me in an accident.

Lowering a bike is a big deal. You lose from your turn angle. Will need to ride slower on curves since you can lean much

I wouldn't jump right on a 600 with no experience bro. Start on a 250-300 as Broke suggested then graduate up.

I am 5'7 and was comfortable on my R1 so just go sit on them and see what works best.

My starter bike is a liter bike.. That start small then go big is a bs theory. To top it off I can't plant both feet down. It's either tiptoe or lean the bike on one leg at a stop sign.

I wouldn't jump right on a 600 with no experience bro. Start on a 250-300 as Broke suggested then graduate up.

I am 5'7 and was comfortable on my R1 so just go sit on them and see what works best.

My starter bike is a liter bike.. That start small then go big is a bs theory. To top it off I can't plant both feet down. It's either tiptoe or lean the bike on one leg at a stop sign.

Starting small for someone with no experience would actually be the best way to learn to ride. But the OP said he has experience riding so there is no need for him to do that...

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Don't choose a bike because how they look get a bike that fits you. The gsxr are one of the worst bikes you can get. You will have cops pulling you over constantly because gixer riders have a bad rep. You also want to get a bike you will be comfortable riding for hours not just for 20 miles. Get a spirt touring bike so you can sit upright and not leaning forward. As much as I like an R1 I'd rather have a cruiser bike. You can ride for miles and miles and not have pain later

Starting small for someone with no experience would actually be the best way to learn to ride. But the OP said he has experience riding so there is no need for him to do that...

Maybe you didn't read my post right. I started in a liter bike.. That means no riding skill at all. Went to the dealer bought the bike and had a friend ride it home. A week later I was in a parking lot learning the clutch because I never been on a bike before. So yeah, never been on a bike under 1000cc or under 150Hp. If he don't act stupid with the throttle he will be fine. I was and I had never been on a bike before and had no experience on manual shifting. I can drive a car because I have the basic knowledge and drove a few but in all had almost no experience shifting and using clutch

Maybe you didn't read my post right. I started in a liter bike.. That means no riding skill at all. Went to the dealer bought the bike and had a friend ride it home. A week later I was in a parking lot learning the clutch because I never been on a bike before. So yeah, never been on a bike under 1000cc or under 150Hp. If he don't act stupid with the throttle he will be fine. I was and I had never been on a bike before and had no experience on manual shifting. I can drive a car because I have the basic knowledge and drove a few but in all had almost no experience shifting and using clutch

Naw I knew what you meant. Lots of people would advise against starting that large is what I was saying. That doesn't mean you can't but there are certainly better suited options for people starting off or with minimal experience. Everyone will have their opinions on this and that's fine

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

Just like many say not to there are many who say you should. I'm going with my experience not by what I was told or seen online. I will tell you this. If you're not careful you will eat asphalt even with a 250cc. See it happen many times. A friend of mine ate shit on a 2 Hp moped and to this day he don't want to ride. My cousin also ate shit on a starter Honda 500. It ls not the bike or the power it makes. It's how disciplined the rider is. What do you think will happen when a rider rides a 250cc all his life then jumps on a 1000cc. The same as if he was a new rider.

1 suggestion I have is to go to an MSF course even if you been riding for years. You will learn something you didn't know

Good luck with getting insurance on a super sport bike for $80 a month.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived