OrionStang Posted November 7, 2015 Report Posted November 7, 2015 Anybody want to help me out with a box? It is a low power sub, 600rms, and I am looking to get as much out of it as possible. Been playing with WinISd but I am a rookie LOL. Sub will have a lpf set at 60. Here are the specs. http://www.gladen.com/SQX12.pdf Ported or small 4th order. Box in trunk. Not looking for miracles, just suggestions. Thanks. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
ToNasty Posted November 7, 2015 Report Posted November 7, 2015 For low power I'd just so ported and the link shows "not found" And get that hu in. ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
OrionStang Posted November 7, 2015 Author Report Posted November 7, 2015 Head units wired up. I need amps LOL. Can't afford what I want yet. http://www.gladen.com/GladenWooferPDFs/SQX12.pdf SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
OrionStang Posted November 8, 2015 Author Report Posted November 8, 2015 Little help? SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
BASS_ZEALOT! Posted November 8, 2015 Report Posted November 8, 2015 ive got term-pro esd ? SMD makes the best products! I bought them all! Click the banner below!
OrionStang Posted November 8, 2015 Author Report Posted November 8, 2015 ive got term-pro esd ? Is it free? LOL SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
BASS_ZEALOT! Posted November 8, 2015 Report Posted November 8, 2015 not for me but 4 u yes SMD makes the best products! I bought them all! Click the banner below!
BASS_ZEALOT! Posted November 8, 2015 Report Posted November 8, 2015 give me the afternoon ima get some food beer & see what I can come up with ill get back to you SMD makes the best products! I bought them all! Click the banner below!
OrionStang Posted November 8, 2015 Author Report Posted November 8, 2015 Right on, thanks. I guess I should post MAX dimensions: 33"Wx20"Dx14"H,,, but I would like to have 27x18x13 if possible to fit through the trunk. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Triticum Agricolam Posted November 14, 2015 Report Posted November 14, 2015 I looked at the specs for the sub and the space you have available and I came up with three possible directions you could go in. 1. 2.3 cf of net airspace tuned to 33 Hz with 30 sq in of port area. This should give you as much low end output as you can get, though frequency response may be somewhat peaky. This is the max volume recommended by the manufacturer, though with a lower tune to help get you better low frequency output. 2. 1.5 cf of net airspace tuned to 33 Hz with 22.5 sq in of port area. This box will have a smoother frequency response and lower group delay for overall slightly better sound quality compared to option #1. It will also take up less space in your trunk, however this all comes at the cost of about 3 db of output between 25-45 Hz. If it were me and I wanted to use a ported box, this is the one I'd build because I hate peaky bass, but that's just my personal tastes. 3. If you are feeling adventurous, you could do a parallel-tuned 6th order bandpass box. 2 cf at 30 hz for the rear chamber and .9 cf at 60 Hz for the front chamber, with 25 sq in and 22 sq in of port area respectively. This box will give you the more desirable (IMHO) frequency response of option 2, but still has the same efficiency of option 1. It basically should sound like option 2 but with 3 db more output across the entire pass band. The disadvantage of this box is it's the biggest of the three, though it should still fit in your space, and it's the most complex. Its really just two ported boxes with the sub sitting between them, so it's not THAT complex but still more than the first two options. All three options are equally good in my opinion, it just comes down to what you think would be the most appealing to you. I can give you designs for any or all three if you desire, just let me know. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.