Sundown Audio

Sundown Survives Again

Thewes

x4

I can almost guarantee all of you that I can run this amp and not have any problems with it at .375. The fuse situation was definitely due to a voltage drop now that I think about it, which was caused by me continuously pressing my window control buttons.

teamsundown-1.jpg

hahahahah not saying this in a dickish way...but i like how you said 'Now I really do not want you guys to assume I am irresponsible because I truly am not, I take care of all of my gear'

then

'after 8 fuses catching on fire'

hahahah. i woulda stopped after the first time :P

bet if you run it at .5...you can roll your windows up ;)

I mother fucking love my Sundown 1500d. As alot of you know, I had a run in with the amp earlier this past month and the fuses lit on fire. Well the same thing happened today, and this is with a pretty decent electrical. (for a 1500 watt amp) I have a Kinetik 1400 up front, I have 2 runs of knu 0 to a 2400 in the back, the amp is at most 10 inches away from the 2400 in the back, and I also have 2 runs of 0g ground. Now I really do not want you guys to assume I am irresponsible because I truly am not, I take care of all of my gear, its just this amp is running way way too low for me not having a upgraded alt. Anyways, the amp is running at .375 ohms, daily, and the only problem that occurs is the fuses have straight up LIT on fire twice. Both of the times have been when I was putting windows up or down, so I am going to take a guess here and say voltage drop, even though I never go past 12.3 volts with my new electrical. Regardless of me sounding like a complete fucking tool, all it takes is a quick trip to radioshack and this amp is making some mean power again. Just letting everyone know how idiot proof these amps are, and a big up to Jacob for overbuilding his product.

The reason they probably poped when you did the windows is because at the time you were drawing more current from your electrical system, that in turn cause your voltage to drop just a little bit. When a amp is driven at a lower imp load AND/OR a lower voltage its efficancy goes way down, causing the amp to draw more current than it should normaly do to operate. Thats is why the fuses are blowing....in short, i would try to run the amp at .5 ohm or heigher

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

I would change the ohm load.

Realistically you're going to lose maybe a whole 1dB and all it will take is 1 dodgy fuse and you'll either have an electrical fire, or the magic smoke is gonna come PISSING out as every single FET in the amp avalanches and shits itself completely.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Archived