AGuyWithAJeep Posted November 30, 2015 Author Report Posted November 30, 2015 I wanted to do something like that but I daily it so I still need the back seat. I'll make the box and see how it goes, worst thing that can happen is I'll waste some time lol
Mauro376455 Posted November 30, 2015 Report Posted November 30, 2015 Go for it bro!! Remember to post pics. Good Luck!!
MotorCityFats13 Posted November 30, 2015 Report Posted November 30, 2015 its never a waste of time if you learn something and teach someone else in the process.... as for the money side it just comes with the territory..... I will always build a box over a prefab just because you know what is going into the build and building the box is fun
Triticum Agricolam Posted November 30, 2015 Report Posted November 30, 2015 I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but even with two 3" ports you are probably going to be a good bit on the low side for port area. I guess you can give it a try and see how bad your port noise is. Keep in mind when you add ports/port area all your ports have to get longer to keep tuning the same. Polyfill stuffing in ported boxes is a no-no. It doesn't make the box perform like its bigger and it kills output. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
AGuyWithAJeep Posted November 30, 2015 Author Report Posted November 30, 2015 I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but even with two 3" ports you are probably going to be a good bit on the low side for port area. I guess you can give it a try and see how bad your port noise is. Keep in mind when you add ports/port area all your ports have to get longer to keep tuning the same. Polyfill stuffing in ported boxes is a no-no. It doesn't make the box perform like its bigger and it kills output. Thank you, no poly-fill it is then and I can order 2 4" Aero Ports of it is what I will need. I can order them now and call in the morning to have them take the 3" Aeros off and add the other ones to my order.
AGuyWithAJeep Posted November 30, 2015 Author Report Posted November 30, 2015 its never a waste of time if you learn something and teach someone else in the process.... as for the money side it just comes with the territory..... I will always build a box over a prefab just because you know what is going into the build and building the box is fun I'll enjoy this build, it should be a good learning experience as I have never made a fiberglass sub box, I have done many other things with fiberglass but this is a new one. Hoping for good results!
Triticum Agricolam Posted November 30, 2015 Report Posted November 30, 2015 Thank you, no poly-fill it is then and I can order 2 4" Aero Ports of it is what I will need. I can order them now and call in the morning to have them take the 3" Aeros off and add the other ones to my order. Yeah two 4" aero ports will work well, or you could do three 3" ports too. The one problem you might run into is making the ports long enough to get your tuning where you want. The more port area you have, the longer the ports have to be. Though if you are making the box the full width of your seat, you should be able to get some pretty long ports in there. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
AGuyWithAJeep Posted November 30, 2015 Author Report Posted November 30, 2015 The box will be the full width of the seat so there should be no issue there, one 4" port on each side and it should be good then
Joe X Posted November 30, 2015 Report Posted November 30, 2015 The box will be the full width of the seat so there should be no issue there, one 4" port on each side and it should be good then 4" ports may get too long for the small net space 8" subs use, for example, a box 0.75 net would need a 36" or so in length to tune to 34Hz with a 4" round port, very likely this will not fit your space, make sure to have a proper design that fits your space before buying ports or other materials for your build.
Trevor Allen Posted December 2, 2015 Report Posted December 2, 2015 I have 2 hds208s under my seat 1 cube net per chamber. 2 inch ports. No port noise.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.