Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Can one build a system and still have usable trunk space?


PinkFreud65

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello all!

I am new to this place. I have been looking around it for a few years and it seems like a great community! Now, onto my question...I have a 2006 Mazda 3 sedan. I want to put a single 12 or 15 in my trunk and still be able to use my trunk as a trunk. Is this possible? I am looking at either a Sundown X-series or Skar DDX and I will be building my box myself. I want a pretty loud system, and am considering sealing the trunk. Whatever I do, I want to try and keep the trunk somewhat usable.

So...is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Posted

I have a total of 11.5 cubes available in my trunk. I'd say, my wife and I would like to have at least half of that to be usable. It's a fairly large trunk considering the size of the car. So maybe a max of 6-7 cubes? My aim is SPL. Just loud. My wife loves the loud bass and I can't complain. ;)

Posted

There should be more than enough space for a single X15 but it would be best if you mentioned your dims (height width,depth) and the vehicle, if you don't have an amp wait until you choose the subs.

Posted

Looks like these are the specs:

H: 18in. 22in closer to the trunk lid

W: 41in

D: 20in ish lol

I'm not dead set on the sundown x-series. It's $220 more than the skar DDX. I'm not sure it's worth $220 more to get "500w rms"

Posted

Looks like these are the specs:

H: 18in. 22in closer to the trunk lid

W: 41in

D: 20in ish lol

I'm not dead set on the sundown x-series. It's $220 more than the skar DDX. I'm not sure it's worth $220 more to get "500w rms"

In short, the price difference is justified. Depends on your goals and budget though.

Posted

Budget is just a matter of "how long do I want to wait." My goals are to get loud on a budget. I use the word budget loosely. I plan on spending a solid $1k on my build. With a $450 woofer and at least $200-300 in monoblock, I should be safe around $1k. But, am I really going to notice a difference in those two woofers? Just curious.

Posted

My main goal here is to have a single 12 or 15 and really be low and loud. (Considering it's a single woofer setup ;) ) The biggest system I've owned was a single sundown e-15 in a ported box tuned to 33hz on around 400w. In the cab of a ford ranger.

My wife loves the low bass, as do I, but she wants to still be able to use the trunk. I'm leaning towards the sundown x 12 or 15. Is this a solid woofer for what I want, considering it's around $450 per

? Thanks for all the help so far guys!

Posted

If you got the time, you can go through all my setups in the Mustang. Lots of boxes for 1 or 2 12s. The links are in my sig. Youtube might be the easiest way to see them without scrolling through hundreds pf pages of build logs.

EDIT: Forgot about the trunk space thing, might give you ideas though.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2395 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...