Sundown Audio

just bought a rockville rxd-m4 amp

Bayuk89

And it's really a 1500 watt amp which doesn't do rated. More like 1200 watt. Why can't yall get it through your heads? We all know they lied. We all know it's not top quality. But yet you want to throw out gut shots of decent amps to try to compare it to. Nobody is saying this will compare with a sundown or rockford or dc.

It's actually a 3k watt amp that does 1200 according to their propaganda. But they want you to compare their amp to brands that, in MY opinion, used to be good before they sold out to China. So I agree it's not fair to compare Rockville to say Sundown, not until they sell out to China at least. More fair to compare the M-4 to maybe the RE XTX-3000.1, since we're discussing 3000 watt amplifiers here.

Whoops, I almost forgot to show these bad Capxon capacitors that are worse than the ones Hifonics use, making these amps garbage.

ZFd0V8.jpg

Oh wait those are not Capxon capacitors used in these Korean amps?

Well I wonder why someone would make a bold statement like that if its not true...

Odd!

Well either way they must be junk capacitors because they are rated for a lower temperature.

Dont mind the fact that these 4 amps have been beat to hell for the last 5ish years wired at .35ohms each.

thats the saz4500

Why does that matter?

My Sundown SAZ-4500 is only rated at 900 watts rms at 4ohm.

Rockville rxd-m4

CEA Compliant Power Ratings (Rated at less than 1 % distortion) (Use these CEA ratings when matching and comparing with other CEA compliant brands such as Kicker, Rockford Fosgate, etc)

4 Ohm: 750 Watts x 1 Channel <1% THD+N)

RMS Power Ratings: (Use these RMS ratings when comparing with great brands such as Hifonics, Earthquake, Soundstream, etc)

4 Ohm: 1500 Watts x 1 Channel

In any competition format such as USACI that rates your amp by its 4ohm rating puts that Rockville amp and my Sundown 4500 is in the same class!

In any competition format such as USACI that rates your amp by its 4ohm rating puts that Rockville amp and my Sundown 4500 is in the same class!

That seems totally fair. A pair of Dual 12's and this amp should totally be on the same level.

That seems totally fair. A pair of Dual 12's and this amp should totally be on the same level.

I mean, the only person who its not fair for is the person that believed the companies hype which is nothing more than lies and still bought the product anyway, but still continues to say "its not bad for the money".

thats the saz4500

Why does that matter?

My Sundown SAZ-4500 is only rated at 900 watts rms at 4ohm.

Rockville rxd-m4

CEA Compliant Power Ratings (Rated at less than 1 % distortion) (Use these CEA ratings when matching and comparing with other CEA compliant brands such as Kicker, Rockford Fosgate, etc)

4 Ohm: 750 Watts x 1 Channel <1% THD+N)

RMS Power Ratings: (Use these RMS ratings when comparing with great brands such as Hifonics, Earthquake, Soundstream, etc)

4 Ohm: 1500 Watts x 1 Channel

never been to a comp.. guess someone needs to step up their game

Archived