Second Skin Audio

2 SP4 15 box help please

Mr DeeBeez

I was messing around with torres and came up with this. To be honest, I don't have a clue what i'm doing, but want to learn. Does this look alright?

test%20box%202%2015s.jpg

What type of port are you using? You figure to add common port walls. If it's a vertical port firing back, that would be 2 common port walls. If it's a standard L port, it's 3 common walls. If it's a bottom of box, firing rear port, that is 1 common wall. Choosing and of those options drops tuning a bit, the 3 common walls drops it the most.

Otherwise, a double baffle layer and some bracing inside the box and you're good to go.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I Currently have one sp4 in a 4 cube box tuned to 32, and to me, i feel like it should have more authority in the 32-28 range. I would like tuning around there.

and im not sure what type of port im doing yet. after some measurements today, i think subs up port up is my best option. So im thinking that it will be ported in the center of the box between the 2 subs. or would a standard L port on the side be recommended?

Im honestly lost when it comes to designing a box.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

my only issue with that is that i need somewhere for the batteries and amps, and I want to keep my back seats. I will have 2-3 XS Power XP3000's and need to put a sq 3500 & 90.4 somewhere too. I think the only place for that is behind the box. Or i can push the box all the way back but then cant port back either.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

If I do subs/port up, would it be recommended to put my box all the way back? I could have the box be a lot wider then. I'll go take some measurements of the room I'll have if I do that

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

There's less room than I was expecting and the wheel wells make it very hard to use the space efficiently. I'm debating a C-pillar wall by building a platform across the tops of the wheel wells, and putting the box on the platform right behind the seats, then seal it off. I don't think it would be that hard. My max measurements for that would be:

50" wide

24" tall

However deep it needs to be to get desired volume

Then batteries and amps would have plenty of room behind the wall.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Archived