Second Skin Audio

2 SP4 15 box help please

Mr DeeBeez

I want to build a box for 2 sp4 15's to go in the back of my 2001 blazer. Due to the lack of room, I'm not sure if I will have room to have port back because my batteries and amps may have to be along the back side of the box.

They will be ran on a soundqubed 3500 at 2 ohm temporarily, until I get an alternator to support the amp at half ohm.

Could someone help me design a box for them? I would like the tuning somewhere around 30-34 My dimensions are:

37" wide

24" tall

27" deep.

Will this be enough space for the box? If not I can try to build one to go over the raised section from the wheel wells so it can be wider.

Thank you in advance!

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

This is just quick thrown together design showing you have the space. Do no use this as a final build

2015-12-16_9-52-11_zps5he83qia.jpg

Sweet! I'm glad I have the room. I really want to do a c pillar wall, but don't think it's worth it for 2 15's.

Another idea would be to have the box as far back as possible so it misses the wheel wells and can be longer. Then I would have room for batteries and amps in front of the box, but I tho k having the batteries and amps behind the box will work better.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

not too bad. you will want to add a extra baffle layer.
we you looking for a tune of 30hz ?

Archived