Sonic Electronix

10,000 watt lanzar optidrive amp and 2x 15" optidrive subs - build help

I have a 2006 Cadillac CTS and will be purchasing a 10,000 watt Lanzar

Lanzar OPT110001D 10000 Watt 1 Channel Monoblock Class D power Car Audio Amp

and 2x

Lanzar OPTI1537D Optidrive 15'' Die-Cast Woven Carbon Fiber Cone Dual 2 Ohm Sub

I will have a custom box built by a local audio shop to fit the 15's toward the inside of the car. The box will be built inside the trunk. The subs and port will be almost flush with the back seat.

Now my questions are:

(Note: this system is going to primarily be used as a daily driver.)

Will I need to purchase a 200+ amp alternator to push this beast of an amp?

How many batteries will I need and what kind? ( I don't want to have to replace batteries every couple months.)

Im worried that I will have to buy batteries all the time. Is there a way to keep all these batteries charged sufficiently as a daily driver by a mere 200+ amp alternator? Im no car audio scientist here obviously LOL.

Are you dead set on the equipment you've mentioned. For that money you could go a different route with higher end equipment.

That being said, 270 alt with 4-5 batteries if you're set on this setup.

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander
Sony 712

Soundqubed HDS208

Alpine MRV-M500

Transmission line enclosure

Soundqubed wiring

Knu rca

XS Power battery

CNF terminals

Actually I did more research and found out tha Fi Team Series subs are where its at. HCCA from Orion is nice as well. Watched tons of demos in the last hour.

I can only afford under $500 a sub as the price point. So the SP4 Series from Fi is probably what I will be deadset on.

I also wonder if 15s are too big for a 2006 Caddy CTS. Im sure a local car audio dealer can build a box for it. Maybe I should ask that question first to determine if I will go with 12s or 15s.

http://www.ficaraudio.com/product-category/sp4-series/

3000 watts RMS per sub.

Which amplifier would you recommend? Is Massive Audio any good?

I don't like Taramps.

Also I will be running 2x Dual 2s into a .5ohm configuration.

Sp4s are awesome. (waits for Kyle to come in here and jizz all over the place)

As for amp, that Opti will do, but youre going to need an ho alt and quite a few batts or a lifepo4 batt to keep it healthy and not burn up. You sure you want to go this big this quick? Especially if you dont know if you need an HO alt or not... lol

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

My last setup I had 2x 12" Kicker CompVX 1500 watt subs on a 4000 watt American bass PH4000md amp. I did the install my self running a single 0 gauge wire for power and ground. Also used a 5 farad capacitor from DB Drive. It would bang but......it wasn't as loud as I wanted it to be. Wasn't even a custom box and I should have known to use 2x 0 gauge wires for power and ground with that amp. Was on stock alt. No battery. Killed my first alt and had to replace it. (Yeah I know.....)

Im trying to learn as much as possible here.

So I just learned that I will need to do the big 3, run a ho alt, and run dual 0 gauge wires. I seen a setup running 4 0 gauge wires for power and ground. Thats insane. Am I right here?

My other question is since I don't know the formula for currents regarding amperage.

So lets say I get a 240 amp alt(or dual alts??) and batteries. Will this work?

LIFEPO4 12V 100AH LITHIUM PHOSPHATE DEEP CYCLE BATTERY FOR SOLAR & WIND SLA Repl

That fucker is almost $900 bucks........

So I got a little insight from how batteries work. 100AH batteries pushing 100 amps might last for 1 hour without charge so I read.

That XS battery only has 60AH compared to that Lifepo4 with 100AH.

I didnt see any other batteries with a higher AH rating.

Looks like Im going to have to invest in a Dash Mount Digital Volt Meter to see where the current stays when hooking up a Lifepo4 battery.

Get your gear set in stone first then determine what your current draw potential will be.

Kinda hard to help you with that since you don't know what amp/amps you're going to run.

I'd want at least dual Alts and 4- 6 Xs d3100's to run 10k in a daily situation personally if that helps you any.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Thanks. I will do some more research and see what components I want to run.

Those Fi SP4s look like they hurt like a bitch!@ Thats my goal. LOL

Lanzar 110001 10k watt amp for under $1000 bucks sounds promising.

Yeah I have a better idea of what I need to run. Looks like ill have to spend a chunk of money for alts and batteries to run a 10k.

Damn.....Im just going to put a power generator in that mfer hahaha. NOT

Archived