Alpine CDE -153BT

only other method I know of is wait till someone that has the same unit and a dd1/oscope and lets you know.... I just bought the Pioneer AVH-X4800BS and in my thread I found someone that has this HU and a dd1 and just waiting on them to install..... my HU just came out last month as an upgrade to the 4700bs so nobody knows anything as of now... I dont have the money to buy the amm1 right now so I have to wait it out

I know alpine typically does well. The only thing is that I'm running my doors on deck power until I switch rides in a couple months. So everything is slightly skewed. Hi-passed @80hz on my kicker ks's I hit audible distortion at 25+. So I was thinking I may just set my gain around 23/24 and just rock the multimeter. New ZRX-1216.1D with new E12v2 D4.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/

Use that to find someone local to you with a DD-1 and see if they can help you out.

Or you can buy an oscilloscope. There are a few miniature/portable ones that other members on here have recommended. I think they were around $70. I'd suggest saving a little money and gettin either that or a DD-1. It's something you'll use more than once, and you'll be much happier knowing that you set up all of your equipment safely, rather than guessing.

The problem is what your deck distorts at and what another user reaches distortion at may not be the same number. There is always a bit of variance between parts, even in the same head unit. No two decks are going to EXACTLY the same. Now add the fact that your using deck power to run your speakers, while someone else may be testing pre-outs, and there's another variable. Honestly the best bet is to buy/borrow/beg a DD1 or oscope to find your HU's max clean volume, anything else is kind of a crap shoot.

My problem lies in my transmission. I have a 1995 Ford Taur(ass) and I'm on my 3rd AX4N Transmission. So long distances are out. I was hoping someone had my deck. My Scheme was to go under their numbers by 5 to 10 percent to account for manufacturer variances in the alpine. But since I'm running on deck power for the time being(max vol is 23 to 25 b4 distortion), I'm pretty sure theres no clip @ vol 23 and Sub @15. Idk. Lol.

Archived