Jhensley209 Posted January 3, 2016 Report Posted January 3, 2016 I'm thinking about building a 4th order bandpass box for three 8" skar audio MA8" subs and I need help with port type and sizes. Any input would be helpful
Triticum Agricolam Posted January 3, 2016 Report Posted January 3, 2016 What's your reasoning for using a bandpass box? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Hugh G. Rection Posted January 3, 2016 Report Posted January 3, 2016 i would pick a different sub, or pick a different box alignment. It would probably be tolerable in a 4th, but definitely not optimal. Ported would be much better for those subs. Owner of BigAss Ports
Hugh G. Rection Posted January 3, 2016 Report Posted January 3, 2016 What's your reasoning for using a bandpass box? Kool-aid Owner of BigAss Ports
Jhensley209 Posted January 3, 2016 Author Report Posted January 3, 2016 I have them in a kerf ported box now I was just wondering if a 4th order would put out more bass
Triticum Agricolam Posted January 3, 2016 Report Posted January 3, 2016 I stole this quote from CleanSierra: If the purpose of building a 4th BP is to experiment, let loose and get at it. If you're BOUND by some sort of constraints that ONLY allows a bandpass enclosure, I understand and see the need. If you're wanting a bandpass because you think it will hammer lows or be a flatter response or thinking it will outperform a standard ported enclosure(which is a 4th order btw), move on and forget it. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Jhensley209 Posted January 3, 2016 Author Report Posted January 3, 2016 They are in a good box now and sound good I just want to experiment with a different box. I need help with port options and port sizing
Triticum Agricolam Posted January 3, 2016 Report Posted January 3, 2016 They are in a good box now and sound good I just want to experiment with a different box. I need help with port options and port sizing What amp are you using? What's your chamber sizes and tuning? With bandpass boxes you want to make sure you have ample port area since all your output is coming out that port. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
MrSkippyJ Posted January 3, 2016 Report Posted January 3, 2016 You only answered one question... F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.