Jump to content

USPS Flat Rate box rant


Recommended Posts

Posted

Man flat rate is awesome. While my buddy was deployed to Shitstainastan I was mailing him bourbon, cigars, and thumb drives full of movies/porn typical care package goods). I think I used the medium box, packed full of shit, and mailed to his APO cost me less than $12, to go literally halfway around the world. And it only took about a week to 10 days to get it there.

That's pretty good service for such a low price.

Posted

Man flat rate is awesome. While my buddy was deployed to Shitstainastan I was mailing him bourbon, cigars, and thumb drives full of movies/porn typical care package goods). I think I used the medium box, packed full of shit, and mailed to his APO cost me less than $12, to go literally halfway around the world. And it only took about a week to 10 days to get it there.

That's pretty good service for such a low price.

Make no mistake, the APO address is the reason for the low price. Has nothing to do with the flat-rate box. APO addresses are CONUS price regardless of where the troop is around the world. USPS doesn't offer a "flat-rate international" box.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png
Posted

There is a wide variety of flat rate boxes to choose from and they will even deliver stacks of empty boxes to your house for free.

You can also print the label at home for less money and have them pick it up from your house no charge.

My post office also has a drop box for the smaller flat rate boxes and a computer right next to it to purchase labels, no waiting in line required.

I will agree about shipping prices for anything that isn't flat rate though, shit has gotten way out of hand cost me almost $70 to ship my dc power alt from MI to Ca.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

There is a wide variety of flat rate boxes to choose from and they will even deliver stacks of empty boxes to your house for free.

You can also print the label at home for less money and have them pick it up from your house no charge.

My post office also has a drop box for the smaller flat rate boxes and a computer right next to it to purchase labels, no waiting in line required.

I will agree about shipping prices for anything that isn't flat rate though, shit has gotten way out of hand cost me almost $70 to ship my dc power alt from MI to Ca.

its not yours anymore but they dicked you there honestly

edit: no lube

Posted

Man flat rate is awesome. While my buddy was deployed to Shitstainastan I was mailing him bourbon, cigars, and thumb drives full of movies/porn typical care package goods). I think I used the medium box, packed full of shit, and mailed to his APO cost me less than $12, to go literally halfway around the world. And it only took about a week to 10 days to get it there.

That's pretty good service for such a low price.

Make no mistake, the APO address is the reason for the low price. Has nothing to do with the flat-rate box. APO addresses are CONUS price regardless of where the troop is around the world. USPS doesn't offer a "flat-rate international" box.
I'm well aware that the APO is considered inside the U.S.and that means you pay shipping inside the lower 48 prices. That doesn't change the fact that I regularly shipped 10+lbs of shit and it got there pretty quickly without being damaged. That's something UPS and FedEx could never do, especially for so cheap
Posted

Man flat rate is awesome. While my buddy was deployed to Shitstainastan I was mailing him bourbon, cigars, and thumb drives full of movies/porn typical care package goods). I think I used the medium box, packed full of shit, and mailed to his APO cost me less than $12, to go literally halfway around the world. And it only took about a week to 10 days to get it there.

That's pretty good service for such a low price.

Make no mistake, the APO address is the reason for the low price. Has nothing to do with the flat-rate box. APO addresses are CONUS price regardless of where the troop is around the world. USPS doesn't offer a "flat-rate international" box.
I'm well aware that the APO is considered inside the U.S.and that means you pay shipping inside the lower 48 prices. That doesn't change the fact that I regularly shipped 10+lbs of shit and it got there pretty quickly without being damaged. That's something UPS and FedEx could never do, especially for so cheap

Think you're missing the point of the thread.

I will agree about shipping prices for anything that isn't flat rate though, shit has gotten way out of hand cost me almost $70 to ship my dc power alt from MI to Ca.

He got it.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png
Posted

^^^^^ Ouch.

I've been down that road. I actually went into a USPS location and politely asked how I would go about getting a refund for my shipping cost. I was told there's a minimum waiting period before any claim of any kind can be filed (like 45 days) and then I'd have to fill out a couple forms and mail them in. In others words, let's make it a royal pain in the ass so noone will ever want to do it. Had the same situation with a package that got lost. It had tracking on it and got stuck half way across the country. Hadn't moved in like 2 weeks. Got the same run around. After probably 6 weeks of screwing with it in my free time, I gave up.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 546 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...