firebirdude Posted January 9, 2016 Report Posted January 9, 2016 So is this how it works now? We'll introduce these flat-rate boxes in which you can ship any weight items you want for one flat rate.....but then we're going to jack our prices the fuck up on normal "your box" postage so far that it makes it completely worthless to use anything except our flat-rate boxes? I needed to ship a small lightweight item. I slap it in a small 7x7x3" box and stand online for 30 friggin minutes. During this time I have nothing to do but stare at the available boxes and stamps for sale. I see the small flat-rate box is $5.95 to ship Priority. My item could certainly fit in there, but surely my featherweight box is going to cost less to ship than that. NOPE. It's printed right on the receipt. Weight: 6.9 ounces $6.15. Well under 1 fucking pound and it costs more than the fucking flat-rate box. That 6.15 was with no insurance, signature confirmation or anything extra. The bare rare shipping cost. And before anyone suggests a long package commute, I live in Oklahoma. Dead center of the states. And it was shipping within CONUS. Zero fucking reason for that shit to be so damn expensive. Would have rather just threw the item away and bought a footlong for that price....
Guest Posted January 9, 2016 Report Posted January 9, 2016 I thought the flat rate boxes were just for making subwoofer box mockups with free cardboard :unknw:
n8ball2013 Posted January 9, 2016 Report Posted January 9, 2016 I shipped a 67 lb motor flat rate to psi in one. I got my money worth there THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
LT.Smoke Posted January 9, 2016 Report Posted January 9, 2016 So is this how it works now? We'll introduce these flat-rate boxes in which you can ship any weight items you want for one flat rate.....but then we're going to jack our prices the fuck up on normal "your box" postage so far that it makes it completely worthless to use anything except our flat-rate boxes? I needed to ship a small lightweight item. I slap it in a small 7x7x3" box and stand online for 30 friggin minutes. During this time I have nothing to do but stare at the available boxes and stamps for sale. I see the small flat-rate box is $5.95 to ship Priority. My item could certainly fit in there, but surely my featherweight box is going to cost less to ship than that. NOPE. It's printed right on the receipt. Weight: 6.9 ounces $6.15. Well under 1 fucking pound and it costs more than the fucking flat-rate box. That 6.15 was with no insurance, signature confirmation or anything extra. The bare rare shipping cost. And before anyone suggests a long package commute, I live in Oklahoma. Dead center of the states. And it was shipping within CONUS. Zero fucking reason for that shit to be so damn expensive. Would have rather just threw the item away and bought a footlong for that price.... Yep that's how it goes... I just ship all my shit in FR boxes now may as well save $$ when possible Team MaxRetribution Si Vis Pacem Parabellum Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌
_paralyzed_ Posted January 9, 2016 Report Posted January 9, 2016 I was just pissed when they started printing "priority" inside the boxes. I turned 'em inside out and shipped non-priority before they wised up.
firebirdude Posted January 9, 2016 Author Report Posted January 9, 2016 For those shipping heavy items that fit inside, of course it's a savings. But they made it right back up on everyone shipping anything light to medium weight. And my guess is the money they made up is more than the money lost by shipping heavy items.
Wehan Posted January 9, 2016 Report Posted January 9, 2016 I don't know what you did wrong but I just shipped USPS 2 packages, an almost Identical sized box @ 7.20 Oz and a padded envelope @6x10 & 4.30 Oz, I purchased a $.79 pair of labels, the envelope ($1.19) and my total for everything was $8.46. It cost me $3.54 to send the box. and both Items were from Mi to NC and AZ.
firebirdude Posted January 9, 2016 Author Report Posted January 9, 2016 I don't know what you did wrong but I just shipped USPS 2 packages, an almost Identical sized box @ 7.20 Oz and a padded envelope @6x10 & 4.30 Oz, I purchased a $.79 pair of labels, the envelope ($1.19) and my total for everything was $8.46. It cost me $3.54 to send the box. and both Items were from Mi to NC and AZ. Priority mail friendo. Apples to apples. Mine was OK to FL btw.
Azagtoth502 Posted January 9, 2016 Report Posted January 9, 2016 I print the labels at home, it can be much cheaper. pa-pa-platypus sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls
jcarter1885 Posted January 9, 2016 Report Posted January 9, 2016 I thought the flat rate boxes were just for making subwoofer box mockups with free cardboard :unknw: Meh... Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface AudioControl DM-608 (2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns (4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5" AudioControl LC-6.1200 (1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz Ampere Audio AA3800.1 Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting) Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk) Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.