_paralyzed_ Posted January 16, 2016 Report Posted January 16, 2016 Who doesn't listen to whale calls?
Joe X Posted January 16, 2016 Report Posted January 16, 2016 I like playing some really low 20, sometimes sub 20 stuff. I know a ported should play well a full octave below its tuning, I just want to be sure it doesn't unload on these lows... Also, how do I put those bends in the aero? Just looked back, that height HAS to be 10 inches. I can't have it any more than that. I can have it a little wider however Man what do you listen to that has content below 20 Hz? Ported boxes will NOT play a full octave below tuning. Ported box output rolls off at 24 db/octave, so at a full octave below tuning your output is going to be WAY down. Trying to play that low is a recipe for wrecked subs. There is nothing controlling excursion much below tuning, so if you don't have your subsonic filter properly set things can go sideways pretty fast. You are cabin gain forgetful
Copper07 Posted January 16, 2016 Author Report Posted January 16, 2016 Who doesn't listen to whale calls? Lol thats hilarious. I use sweeps nd shit, some beats ive made myself, one song, bass I love you, comes to mind, stuff like that. I know that going that low is a bad idea, and is bad for the subs, but ive been beating on my two infinity 860ws in a POS prefab for three years now, and they havnt been bothered by it. Really beastly subs for the price btw. Anyways, judging from what Joe is saying, looks like what he sketched up for me is my limit. Can I tweak your numbers to achieve the 10" for the height? Or am I just better off with a slot port? I dunno but he got 99 problems reading aint the only one. Terry Brocks', on 13 Oct 2011 - 1:38 PM, said: Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine.
Joe X Posted January 16, 2016 Report Posted January 16, 2016 Actually the slot port would take more space, one of the ways round ports can help is saving space, like in this case, unless you have more depth or width I would recommend not to reduce it's size further as it will cost you output.
Copper07 Posted January 16, 2016 Author Report Posted January 16, 2016 Alright, so the three aeros then, anyway to cut the height to 10 inches? I can spare a few inches on the width, if that will make up for the height cut. I dunno but he got 99 problems reading aint the only one. Terry Brocks', on 13 Oct 2011 - 1:38 PM, said: Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine.
Triticum Agricolam Posted January 16, 2016 Report Posted January 16, 2016 Even with cabin gain you aren't going to get much an octave below tuning. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Copper07 Posted January 16, 2016 Author Report Posted January 16, 2016 Even with cabin gain you aren't going to get much an octave below tuning. Yeah, I was just going off of what I was told before about being able to go a full octave below. I dont personally know I dunno but he got 99 problems reading aint the only one. Terry Brocks', on 13 Oct 2011 - 1:38 PM, said: Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine.
Joe X Posted January 17, 2016 Report Posted January 17, 2016 Alright, so the three aeros then, anyway to cut the height to 10 inches? I can spare a few inches on the width, if that will make up for the height cut. Like this if width is suitable but the placement of the round ports gets trickier:
Copper07 Posted January 17, 2016 Author Report Posted January 17, 2016 Like this if width is suitable but the placement of the round ports gets trickier: How will port placement get trickier? Will they need to be staggered to account for the shallower height? I dunno but he got 99 problems reading aint the only one. Terry Brocks', on 13 Oct 2011 - 1:38 PM, said: Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine.
Joe X Posted January 17, 2016 Report Posted January 17, 2016 If the box is 10" external then you have an internal height of 8.5", that's less than the 9+ the ports would need to be aligned vertically and all 3 have to be 31", take a look:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.