Second Skin Audio

Port Size to tune to 28hz?

SQPunk

what kind of port do you want to run.... and if its a slot or square port we need the box demensions... because anyone can spit out port sizes.... because with a 4" round port at 8" you would get 28hz with a 3.94cuft net but with really poor port area.....double that with 2 x 4" round at 19" would be 28hz with a net of 3.68cuft..... you really need to build a box around the port and not build a box and port it because it drops the displacement

I have an area roughly 60"x24"x24" that I want to build a box for my two AB VFL-Comp 15" subs.

Normally, I would design based on the T/S parameters or manufacturer's recommendation, but I can't get either from Bob@American Bass.

Change of plan: Single chamber. one port. I have room for an opening of 8"x8" Now, I just need a port length.

I believe I will have something like 6.5 - 7cf not including the port volume when done.

Thanks guys.

Edit: I think that if I run the port length at about 25", this will give me the tuned freq that I am looking for. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

For the data I have for your vehicle and data I have for your subs here's one way to go for the tuning you requested (may be too low), power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 7", figure is just an assembly guide stronger than shown bracing would be in order :

ab15b_zpssni6ya5v.jpg

2xSUPSC.jpg

Archived