Old School HipHop Eastcoast? (Albums)

Alright this is what we're gonna do. Poll was a fail so I am going to put together a list instead. I will post Artists and from your replies (number) of I will start putting in top rated albums.

Artists are going to be alphabetical. What is their best album? (you can only pick 1, old school hiphop 80/90s only 1999 being the last year that you should consider for a thread like this)

A Tribe Called Quest- The Low End Theory
Big L - lifestyles of the poor and dangerous
Boogie Down Productions
Busta Rhymes- Disaster Strikes
De La Soul - Stakes is High
Eric B and Rakim
LL Cool J- radio
Mos Def
Nas - illmatic
Notorious B.I.G - ready to die
OutKast - ATLiens
Raekwon - only built for cuban linx
Redman - what thee
RUN DMC
Talib Kweli
The Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique
The Roots
Wu-tang

Voted out via comment:

Gangstarr

Das Efx

Biggie - ready to die

LL Cool J- radio

Always forget about LL, never heard of Big L.

Dangerous to make this thread and not know who big l is.

Also did big pun get mentioned?

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

nas - illmatic

redman - what thee

anything wu-tang

That's just to start, I see you took some time putting this together. You should've got some more input. You got one group from the golden age of hip-hop that too me was sort of a one hit wonder that everyone put them on features from queens. Das efx, doesn't deserve to be up there, and as much as I like guru neither does gangstarr

nas - illmatic

redman - what thee

anything wu-tang

That's just to start, I see you took some time putting this together. You should've got some more input. You got one group from the golden age of hip-hop that too me was sort of a one hit wonder that everyone put them on features from queens. Das efx, doesn't deserve to be up there, and as much as I like guru neither does gangstarr

agreed...

also where is:

Roots

De La

RUN DMC

Talib

Mos Def

Too many missing... I'll pass on this vote

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Maybe this should just be an East Coast Old School thread?

Ultramagnetic MC's - Critical Beatdown

Boogie Down Productions - Criminal Minded

Slick Rick - The Great Adventures of Slick Rick and The Art of Storytelling

Edit: I just re read the OP and saw that you included BDP under KRS One

nas - illmatic

redman - what thee

anything wu-tang

agreed...

also where is:

Roots

De La

RUN DMC

Talib

Mos Def

Too many missing... I'll pass on this vote

I am not taking anything away from any of these, I guess I should have re-worded the title. I didn't think it was problematic, I'll fix it.

Things fall apart is amazing. I was listening to Game Theory putting the list together. I put the poll up just as a "best albums from those artists".

Maybe this should just be an East Coast Old School thread?

Ultramagnetic MC's - Critical Beatdown

Boogie Down Productions - Criminal Minded

Slick Rick - The Great Adventures of Slick Rick and The Art of Storytelling

Edit: I just re read the OP and saw that you included BDP under KRS One

Agreed I should have just titled it old school, and yea those are all boogie down my bad.

Biggie - ready to die

LL Cool J- radio

Always forget about LL, never heard of Big L.

Dangerous to make this thread and not know who big l is.

Also did big pun get mentioned?

Well I am not trying to "say" anything by making this thread, I am not a hiphop head, I am trying to broaden my horizons. So for me this is a way to learn about some stuff I don't know about. Granted I am started to think the way it was brought about was problematic. Not trying to make a proclamation or statement really just trying to pick peoples brain, see what people think.

I think what I am going to try and do is redo the initial post and get rid of the poll. Basically when I start seeing albums pop up more then once I am going to consolidate it and move them up in the list if thats cool.

Archived