Matt34099 Posted January 26, 2016 Report Posted January 26, 2016 Alright so i have a Memphis Mojo5 15" 1750 rms 3500peak. My question is what size box should i make? I already have a custom box to spec ( 3.5cu. Ft. at 33hz ) . Im looking to build a box to make my sub Overall louder. I love low end bass but also loud boomy bass. I have a 2002 grand prix & my first idea was to build a box & both the sub & port firing up. If i was to do so what cu. Ft should i aim for?
Wasteland_Audio Posted January 26, 2016 Report Posted January 26, 2016 I personally wouldn't suggest running everything pointing up. I had an 02 Lincoln LS with a 15" DD Redline 700, sub and port facing up. Unfortunately i did this because it was the only way it would fit. Problem was no matter how much dynamat i put on the trunk lid it still sounded like a rattle can on the outside. I would suggest port and sub forward.
MotorCityFats13 Posted January 26, 2016 Report Posted January 26, 2016 people go port up in things like vans, suv's and hatchbacks.... not 10 inches or less from the trunk lid
corey0928 Posted January 26, 2016 Report Posted January 26, 2016 sub and port back in a trunk. unless you seal it off from the trunk and run them both forward. what amp are you using? that could be something to consider changing
Matt34099 Posted January 26, 2016 Author Report Posted January 26, 2016 Im using a Lanzar Opti drive 2000D. Im pretty much looking for a box to make it louder. Just really used to it kinda want to see how much more i can push it. So i fiured a new box maybe bigger and tunned different.
Matt34099 Posted January 26, 2016 Author Report Posted January 26, 2016 Im using a lanzar opti drive 2000D Im pretty much used to how this subwoofer plays & hits. Also I pretty much have it tuned so fine it pings. So im not worried about touching my amp settings. Im just trying to see if i made a bigger box and tuned it different, if it would be louder. Just dont know what cu. Ft. Or Hz yet.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.