Dumbest Thing You Have Ever Heard

Audio shop saying I can't wire up 3 subs. it has to be an even number.

Actually, I would not suggest doing this unless they plan to run each sub driver on its own amplification.

Just saying

How come?

The explanation might be a nice addition to this thread.

on topic:" I'm going for a 4th order to be louder across a bigger frequency range.."

I tried it one time and no matter how i wired it there was always one sub out of phase. It was the weirdest thing i've ever seen.

Then next time wire the sub up properly.

Never had that problem.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

The youngest/newest installer at the audio shop next to me was wiring a system for a wake boat today. I was waiting for some filler to kick, so I was bs'n with him while he worked. At one point, after he finished running power cable from the batt + to the amp location he asked me "you think I should run a ground wire too?" Dude, it's a motherfuckin fiberglass boat, you think this bitch has a grounded body/frame?

I get legitimately worried about some of the shit I see them do. But then again, it's not my company, so it's not my business.

The youngest/newest installer at the audio shop next to me was wiring a system for a wake boat today. I was waiting for some filler to kick, so I was bs'n with him while he worked. At one point, after he finished running power cable from the batt + to the amp location he asked me "you think I should run a ground wire too?" Dude, it's a motherfuckin fiberglass boat, you think this bitch has a grounded body/frame?

I get legitimately worried about some of the shit I see them do. But then again, it's not my company, so it's not my business.

Okay, that one made me laugh out loud in class :lol:

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

• 2 months later...

box rise= when the bass hits the box rises off the floor of the trunk.

ha

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

Audio shop saying I can't wire up 3 subs. it has to be an even number.

Actually, I would not suggest doing this unless they plan to run each sub driver on its own amplification.

Just saying

How come?

The explanation might be a nice addition to this thread.

on topic:" I'm going for a 4th order to be louder across a bigger frequency range.."

I tried it one time and no matter how i wired it there was always one sub out of phase. It was the weirdest thing i've ever seen.

Had that happen, sub was injured and needed a recone. Coil had a small short internally.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived