Second Skin Audio

Wiring for 3 subs

ckeeler11

Due to increased cone area I would go with the 3 DCONs and just get an amp that will give 1200W @ 1.3 ohm, if you decided for 12s there are many that will fit your space like DC Audio, JL Audio and others, DC would only need 1.5 net per driver.

back in the 90's everyone and their brother ran 3 JL audio subs on a single amp.... with this setup either be perfect on the box or do a shared chamber becuase if 1 chamber or port is off it will change the dynamics of the others when power is getting divided..... but personally I vote for the use of single, dual or quad setups and not 3, 5, 7... ect makes everything so much more easy.... but I wouldnt sway away from a good challenge

Thanks for all the input. it's got my gears turning. Plotting on Winisd seems that maybe 2x 10"s will not be giving up much if at all. atleast for the Gcons. Like i said not set on drivers and just used the SSA's as an example.

SPL%2010s_zpscbyhn5wf.png

Xfer%20Function%2010s_zpsdpj4ibbo.png

Plot two DC 12s, anyways if you are set on 3 10s go ahead just get an amp that fully drives them or you are going to be wasting your time.

Do the DC 12's have decent sound quality or are they more geared towards SPL? but ill plot it out.

Archived