ckeeler11 Posted January 27, 2016 Report Posted January 27, 2016 So i was planning a system for 3 10" D2 subs. Wired series/parallel for amp load of 1.34 ohms. I did not think this was and issue if the amp was 1 ohm stable, but a post on another thread said that is a bad idea and each sub should have its own amp. Could someone please explain? Still learning and don't want to screw it up. Thanks.
Deeznutz Posted January 27, 2016 Report Posted January 27, 2016 No, you can do it. I did 4 RF D2 12" subs in series/parallel down to 1 Ohm on a RF T1500-1. -Frank
reedal Posted January 27, 2016 Report Posted January 27, 2016 Can you link to that thread where you read that? I would like to read as to why they said that. But three subs with the same voice coils wired to an ohm load that the amp is rated for is perfectly fine. No harm will come from it unless you send a clipped signal to the subs. Edit: never mind. I found the thread you were talking about. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
White Lightning Posted January 27, 2016 Report Posted January 27, 2016 Yes, I said it. I know it can be done, but I wouldn't suggest doing it. Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
White Lightning Posted January 27, 2016 Report Posted January 27, 2016 Build your enclosure correctly and do just as good with a pair of drivers. Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
ckeeler11 Posted January 28, 2016 Author Report Posted January 28, 2016 Yes, I said it. I know it can be done, but I wouldn't suggest doing it. How you don't think I'm trying to stir the pot, but really am curious. Why wouldn't you do it?
Massivespl Posted January 28, 2016 Report Posted January 28, 2016 Three woofers on 1 amp is fine. Lots of people have ran three woofer with great results c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music 2 crossfire 8k 4 NSV3 18s 4 crescendo 10s 4 Rockford pro 6.5s Quad excessive amperage 350alts 4 juicebox 3100s
bman8891 Posted January 28, 2016 Report Posted January 28, 2016 I ran (3) DD 3510's wired that way on a RF4k for a long time no problems
Joe X Posted January 28, 2016 Report Posted January 28, 2016 Yes, I said it. I know it can be done, but I wouldn't suggest doing it. How you don't think I'm trying to stir the pot, but really am curious. Why wouldn't you do it? Well your load is not optimal for the amp, you can just increase power, the other is that you will pay for 3 drivers instead of two and you will get little performance gain if using the same power, two 12s if feasible would be more efficient alternative.
ckeeler11 Posted January 28, 2016 Author Report Posted January 28, 2016 I have not nailed down subs yet but instead of 3 10" Dcons it would be better to get 2 10" Gcons? I am trying to stay away from 2-12's want something a little different. Plus I only have about 3.75 cu. ft. of space that is narrow. Thanks for the input.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.