Second Skin Audio

Box and sub question

Cwallaker

Check out the 1.5 net ported @ 32Hz in red vs the 1.5 net sealed in yellow, definitely a good move to increase your low end if you find a nice way to port externally:

image.jpg

The airspeed plot shows that a 4" round port per driver should suffice for those subs in that net volume:

image.jpg

Your port length is measured along the center line regardless of it turning or not, here's a numerical example for a port which is 31" long:

JLbox.jpg

On the performance side a turn may slightly lower your tuning, specially if the port was not designed well.

Your port length is measured along the center line regardless of it turning or not, here's a numerical example for a port which is 31" long:

JLbox.jpg

On the performance side a turn may slightly lower your tuning, specially if the port was not designed well.

Using a large 45 degree piece in the corner would allow to use two 45 degree bends to construct the corner and minimize the loss of efficiency.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

32hz is the best bet for the average listener.... its the common ground between spl and sq..... I also do all my enclosures at 32hz never gotten a single complaint

I tend to stay away from generalizing things in this way. I tend to built to the calculated resonance of the vehicle to take bast advantage of the cabin gain, which also keeps peak frequency closer to tuned frequency and helps minimize impedance rise.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Archived