Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Box and sub question


Cwallaker

Recommended Posts

Posted

Simply based on the T/S parameters,would someome be able to model how this driver might behave in a 1.47 cu sealed enclosure. 2ohm or 4ohm running aprox 500 watts

Edit* (posted T/s info below)

Posted

Modeling that wouldnt be too difficult, but accurately modeling this with cabin gain of a particular vehicle factored in is the kicker.

This is in a 2000 silverado 3 door. If that helps
Posted

Is that the Infinity Kappa 12?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

Here ya go:

rw5ytri.png

Blue line is raw output, green line is with a rough approximation of cabin gain added in.

Like Hugh said, the trick is estimating cabin gain. My approximation above can give you a rough idea, but your actual results could vary significantly.

With that being said, that sub looks like it will do well in a sealed box of that size. Your cone excursion should be reasonable with 500 watts.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

Here's a take from some other software, in car cabin gain is estimated:

Red = outdoors 1 cubic feet net

Green = in car 1 cubic feet net

Yellow =in car 1.5 cubic feet net (what you asked).

image.jpg

Cone displacement at 500W:

image.jpg

As you can see upsizing the sealed box result in a rather mild gain, arguably the larger box size and increased driver excursion will help the driver cool itself a little better.

Posted

Thanks guys . I was hoping my ears were right . I had it in the 1cu ft the manufacture called for. When I added .47 by removing some wood blocks , It really did sound better . Lower and louder .I need to get a computer so I can Play with these softwares . These subs are not going to win any spl contests but, they are smooth. If I wanted to try ported for more output , could I add an external port of some size to this box ? Any opinions for a tuning freq ? I listen to every thing from bon iver to gorilla Zoe .

Posted

20160109_143317_zpsvncbl9o8.jpg

Heres the sub and box. Straight utility. 5/8 mdf . Lots of bracing . Lined with resin internal . Line x bedliner externally. 1 lb stuffing each

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2936 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...