arcaudioman Posted January 28, 2016 Report Posted January 28, 2016 Like the title says, I'm confused on my time alignment for my alpine, unlike older decks and processors the alpine wants you to input measurements, but when I put in all my measurements my sound stage is in the rear of the vehicle... anybody with advice on this would greatly help. Alpine tech support has now told me 3 different things so I figured I'd try here
arcaudioman Posted January 28, 2016 Author Report Posted January 28, 2016 For equipment I'm running: Alpine 149bt 2 sets of arc audio 6.2 in the front stage at 2 ohms 1 set of arc 6x9s in the rear 2 arc 15s Arc 2500.1 Arc 300.4 Singer 275 amp alternator
reedal Posted January 28, 2016 Report Posted January 28, 2016 Have you tried cutting your measurements in half? Maybe it's set to centimeters and you're using inches? I have no experience with alpine decks. Those are just a couple suggestions SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
arcaudioman Posted January 28, 2016 Author Report Posted January 28, 2016 I have it set to inches, it can be set to either
reedal Posted January 28, 2016 Report Posted January 28, 2016 That's good. So you can't make small increment adjustments? You have to input a new distance every time? That blows. In my opinion at least. Try doing half of the distances you've been doing and see what happens SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
arcaudioman Posted January 28, 2016 Author Report Posted January 28, 2016 Yeah I've been trying to do it by ear, but I'm still new to this. I had the tweeters sounding good, but the mids were on the passenger side. So I adjusted a little then I had the opposite effect... the sq stuff is hard and time consuming
reedal Posted January 28, 2016 Report Posted January 28, 2016 It really is. I'm unsure of your capabilities with that HU, but if you're able to mute each side one by one (mute both the tweeter and mid on the passenger side, and vice-versa), White Lightning made a suggestion to some recently that they should align the drivers side first by itself (blend the mid and tweet together) then do the passengers side by itself. When you've done that (if you can) have them playing together, and then I would suggest only adjusting the passenger side to where you need it to be. So if that side is where it seems more focused, dial it down. The same distance you cut from the mid, cut from the tweeter so they stay blended how you set them. Or if the drivers side is more focused, increase the distance on the passengers side. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
KiKaZz74 Posted January 29, 2016 Report Posted January 29, 2016 Sitting in driver seat. Set to inches. Set everything to zero. Literally take a tape measure and measure to each speaker. If you are using time alignment you probably shouldn't have a rear speakers anyways. Subs will be different as it adjust the phase to align it to the rest of the system. Do just the front. Turn off the rears. In a sq vehicle noone uses them. Do speaker by speaker. My SPL to SQ Build Log Vehicle:1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6 Stock AltEquipment: Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12 Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" Processor- MiniDSP 2x4 RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series Wire- EB Flex 2/0 -Member of Team SounDrive
kandiman71874 Posted January 29, 2016 Report Posted January 29, 2016 As kika said, if you are goign to the trouble to time align the vehicle, ditch the rears Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia Kenwood DNX-893s Audison Bit One Processor 2 Dat 4.125's Sundown Audio SCV-6k Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors 2 Sundown Zv5 12's Lots of Hushmat Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0 2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts 2017 Comp Vehicle 2006 Toyota 4 Runner Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s Audison Bit One HD DSP 4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets Focal Access 6.5 2 ways Sundown Audio Sax-50.4 Sundown Audio Sax-100.4 2 Dc Power 370xp Northstar agm27f Northstar agm65 2 Northstar asmagm 480's 2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's 2 Sundown SCV-7500's All SMD Fuse Holders Shitload Of Sundown 1/0 120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!! 2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals 2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations) 2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL David said: audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby newls1 I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me kingsuv only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass kingsuv you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites
arcaudioman Posted January 29, 2016 Author Report Posted January 29, 2016 Thanks for the info guys, unfortunately I'm not running active in the front stage. I'm not entirely sq. I want a loud sq seeing as my bass is around 145 db in a sealed box. I'll keep messing with it, hopefully I can get it close enough for my ear...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.