Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Problem help!!


GS300Cali93

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys I have a little problem I noticed the last two days that when I first turn my system on and play the sub's it hitting real good like it should and then after a while the bass kinda like dies down I guess and IIT doesn't hit like it should sub's are not hot and amps not hott idk whats wrong any advice? Running two Rockford fosgate p2 15 on 800,watt prime 1000 watt amp

Posted

In regards to what Joe X? I'm on the stock alternator and battery that came with the car when I bought it I have a 98 Subaru forester. I had the same system in my Lexus I'm using all the wires from that. I have not yet done the big 3 only have had the stereo in for bout a couples months maybe. I'm in nor cal where you located?

Posted

Do your headlights dim when this happens? Get a multi meter and measure voltage at the amp before and after the problem occurs. The alternator has diodes in the output rectifier and when one blows, it won't give full output.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Posted

The alt should charge at 14.7 volts or something close to it. You should see this voltage at the amp with the car running and the stereo off. Measure at the + and - at your amp power connections. Leave everything connected and play it at the sound level that the problem occurs at. Measure amp voltage again while problem is happening.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Posted

Ok thanks if it helps any my deck goes to 62 max volume and the problem was occuring at 58 I turn it to 56 and turned some of my setting on the amp down a tad and played two songs and havnt had a problem so far

Posted

Maybe you were just kicking its butt. LOL!!

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2936 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...