Amart88 Posted February 2, 2016 Report Posted February 2, 2016 Just wondering if anyone has done a box design for under the rear seat in a newer 2014/15 Silverado double cab... I've been looking for a while but only found 1 option and its sealed. There is a huge hump under the seat which makes it extremely hard to do a ported. I am looking to fit 2 10" (possible Fi SSD's) back there. I would love to go ported just dont think there is enough room. Might have to so sealed down firing. Also, I checked fox acoustics, they only do one for a crew cab, not double. Thanks My 2005 s10 blazer build. 4 zcon 18's walled.
bman8891 Posted February 2, 2016 Report Posted February 2, 2016 Use aeroport(s) instead of a slot, way easier. Lay down blue tape or tin foil on your carpet and then fiberglass mat and resin to get the bottom of your box then build the rest of the box and glass the bottom to it. Throw in 8's or 10's depending on internal volume and sub/amp choice, fire the port to the side. Fairly simple
Ratski Posted February 2, 2016 Report Posted February 2, 2016 i wonder how well this would work for an 06 crew cab. down firing with a port out the middle
Amart88 Posted February 2, 2016 Author Report Posted February 2, 2016 Use aeroport(s) instead of a slot, way easier. Lay down blue tape or tin foil on your carpet and then fiberglass mat and resin to get the bottom of your box then build the rest of the box and glass the bottom to it. Throw in 8's or 10's depending on internal volume and sub/amp choice, fire the port to the side. Fairly simple I love that idea man. Only thing is the huge hump in the middle of the seat. Would leave a narrow gap at top of box. Not really sure how to tune something like that. I'll get some pictures here in a bit. My 2005 s10 blazer build. 4 zcon 18's walled.
Amart88 Posted February 2, 2016 Author Report Posted February 2, 2016 Here's under the seat. As you can see its very contorted and each side is different. I figure, even if I glass the bottom, still not equal space on each size and would be hard to make a port work. Also would have to deal with the wood to glass connections. I'm leaning towards sealed. Definitely a challenge. If i go sealed i need to get high qts option, if now. then well im screwed in anything but. that's my dilemma. My 2005 s10 blazer build. 4 zcon 18's walled.
bman8891 Posted February 2, 2016 Report Posted February 2, 2016 The hump wont cause a problem it will move air fine. You side fire the port(s) and as far as connecting the bottom its pretty easy. There's a build log on here doing a box just like that. Sealed will work too if that's the route you wanna take
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted February 2, 2016 Report Posted February 2, 2016 Subs firing forward, port towards drivers side rear door. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Amart88 Posted February 2, 2016 Author Report Posted February 2, 2016 Ok, I will look again, see what i can do. Would it matter if one woofer is close to the port while the other is on the other size? maybe do seperate chambers? Also, bman, do you have a link of that build log? My 2005 s10 blazer build. 4 zcon 18's walled.
bman8891 Posted February 3, 2016 Report Posted February 3, 2016 The subs will know the difference but unless you're running crazy power to them there shouldn't be any issues. Ill try to find that link for you. Also here is my box I used the box as a seat to fit 12's.
bman8891 Posted February 3, 2016 Report Posted February 3, 2016 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/133499-twostrokekings-1995-chevy-sundown-build-ubl-up-to-date-9912/page-1
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.