Second Skin Audio

Spend my money

J R

Haven't posted in a long time but I always respected everyone on this forum for their knowledge years ago. So I appreciate anyone who chimes in.

I have a 2001 gmc 2500hd single cab work truck I want to upgrade the system in. I've got 2 12 in. Pioneer step-up shallow mounts in sealed wedge boxes. Displacement on the boxes are about .6ft^3 each. Amp is a kicker zx750.

I don't want a new box but would love for you guys to help me out on the best setup I can do for my application. I can go down to a 10" if recommended. Also would like a new amp. Really lookin for loudness and ability to get lower than my shallow mounts have me limited to. And loudness at those low notes!

I've been looking at the sundown e series, sundown sd v3 10's, type R thins, and a few others. As far as amp goes I like sundown's equipment from other builds and fosgate prime series. Looking to stay under 1800w on the amp as I'm on a 135alt and small cap for power. Completely down for the best setup anyone says, money isn't an issue but would like to stay realistic.

God bless

***2001 GMC 2500HD Regular Cab***

-Jensen 9312 Flip-Out

-2 12 inch Pioneer Step-up Shallow Mounts

-Kicker ZX750.1 for Lows

-Pioneer 6.5 coax in the doors

-Pioneer 4x6 coax in the pillars

-Old School Alpine MRV-F250 for Mids/Highs

***1969 Camaro Z/28***

-500+ cubic inch 950hp BBC + 400-650 shot of Nitrous

-Audio coming soon-

Haven't posted in a long time but I always respected everyone on this forum for their knowledge years ago. So I appreciate anyone who chimes in.

I have a 2001 gmc 2500hd single cab work truck I want to upgrade the system in. I've got 2 12 in. Pioneer step-up shallow mounts in sealed wedge boxes. Displacement on the boxes are about .6ft^3 each. Amp is a kicker zx750.

I don't want a new box but would love for you guys to help me out on the best setup I can do for my application. I can go down to a 10" if recommended. Also would like a new amp. Really lookin for loudness and ability to get lower than my shallow mounts have me limited to. And loudness at those low notes!

I've been looking at the sundown e series, sundown sd v3 10's, type R thins, and a few others. As far as amp goes I like sundown's equipment from other builds and fosgate prime series. Looking to stay under 1800w on the amp as I'm on a 135alt and small cap for power. Completely down for the best setup anyone says, money isn't an issue but would like to stay realistic.

God bless

Please provide the space available and don't say money isn't a issue when you have been looking at the type R price class.

It's no problem if you don't have thousands to spend but set a real budget in dollars.

That way you can be helped quicker and better.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

God bless

Please provide the space available and don't say money isn't a issue when you have been looking at the type R price class.

It's no problem if you don't have thousands to spend but set a real budget in dollars.

Space is in the OP. I'm at .6ft^3 per sub sealed. The reason I say it's not an issue is all I really need are some good recommendations on an amp and subs. Need to keep the same box and not doing a blow through. I'll say $1200 max.

-Jensen 9312 Flip-Out

-Kicker ZX750.1 for Lows

***1969 Camaro Z/28***

-Audio coming soon-

God bless

Space is in the OP. I'm at .6ft^3 per sub sealed. The reason I say it's not an issue is all I really need are some good recommendations on an amp and subs. Need to keep the same box and not doing a blow through. I'll say $1200 max.

I meant dimensions, since some subs might be too deep.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Box is a wedge. 5.5 on top, 8.5 on bottom. 14 tall 16 wide with about 6.5in depth max.

-Jensen 9312 Flip-Out

-Kicker ZX750.1 for Lows

***1969 Camaro Z/28***

-Audio coming soon-

Archived