will this size battery be OK as a secondary for 2300rms?

Hey - this is a battery question - odyssey brand.

i plan on running aroud 2300-2500 rms

i have a stock 110 amp alt (yes i know im in the process of trying to get a h/o one, but for now i have to stick with stock)

i have an AGM under the hood..

and for trunk battery i was told to get a g31 for every 2krms... the g31 is quite expensive.

I did however find an odyssey Extreme Series 34M - PC 1500 battery for a great price..

so i wanted to ask you guys.. with my set up and power requirements/rms, etc.. will this Extreme Series 34M - PC 1500 be enough???

thank you

I personally dont have any experience with that battery but its a deep cycle battery 68 ampere hour rating. I would trust it will be just fine, i hear odyssey is a good brand.

One issue i could see is that ur factory 110 amp ALT *might* have a hard time keeping up with two batteries.

IMO having a 160-180 amp ALT and a good starting battery (for ur 2500 RMS demand) is gonna give u better result than adding an extra battery on ur factory ALT. After u upgrade ur ALT and u think u need an extra batery at least now u can be more confindent the HO alt can keep up with two batteries.

Maybe someone with more experience will chime in and give you a better answer.

I personally dont have any experience with that battery but its a deep cycle battery 68 ampere hour rating. I would trust it will be just fine, i hear odyssey is a good brand.

One issue i could see is that ur factory 110 amp ALT *might* have a hard time keeping up with two batteries.

IMO having a 160-180 amp ALT and a good starting battery (for ur 2500 RMS demand) is gonna give u better result than adding an extra battery on ur factory ALT. After u upgrade ur ALT and u think u need an extra batery at least now u can be more confindent the HO alt can keep up with two batteries.

yes i understand the need for a h/o alt , and i am in the process of getting one, but i still need a trunk battery - one that is sufficient for 2krms whilst using with stock 110 amp alt. I was told the general rule is 1 group 31 for every 2000rms, but i found this other size pc1500 34M (marine battery i believe) that is half price and , from what the seller of that battery tells me, is more than enough for my needs. I just need confirmation from guys that know more about this stuff and this odyssey brand so i can decide whether to pull the trigger on it or not.

yes i understand the need for a h/o alt , and i am in the process of getting one, but i still need a trunk battery - one that is sufficient for 2krms whilst using with stock 110 amp alt. I was told the general rule is 1 group 31 for every 2000rms, but i found this other size pc1500 34M (marine battery i believe) that is half price and , from what the seller of that battery tells me, is more than enough for my needs. I just need confirmation from guys that know more about this stuff and this odyssey brand so i can decide whether to pull the trigger on it or not.
remember you pay for what you get cheap batterys may or may not have the reliability or as accurate of claims as a more expensive one (same as cheap amp verse quality)

(Complete edit because I can't read)

All u can do is watch your voltage when your system is on and u never wanna drop below charging voltage .As long as u stay at least in the 13 range u should be ok.But still keep looking for an alternator it makes a huge difference in sound with a good 14.8 or higher.Im running around 3k RMS and have 4 batteries and an H.O. Alternator .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

i for sure will be getting a smart charger and , later on, a h/o alt (very hard to find for my car, this is the main problem im facing and why i didnt start with the h.o alt first)

can someone explain in simple terms how AH works? this battery is 68ah, so what exactly does that mean?

the odyssey brand is a very good brand, its certainly not one of the cheap brands.. its actually one of the top brands.

I have a good feeling this battery will be able to get the job done for my current power needs so i think im going to get it.

Amp hour rating has to do with the charging and discharging capacity of a battery, higher the number the better. There is more to the equation than this but "generally" people would select a deep cycle battery with a higher aH rating because deep cycle batteries by design discharge and charge faster then a standard battery because they have bigger and thicker pleats inside the case.

Odyessey is a good brand and for what ur current RMS demand is, you should be happy :)

Archived