will this size battery be OK as a secondary for 2300rms?

I'd buy a charger. Keep it fresh nightly? Idk. I'm still learning electrical. I'd hate to be forced into replacing batts and alt.

Batteries and alternators are the heart of your electrical system "most" vehicals can run 500-1000 watts RMS on stock, anything above your gonna want to plan on upgrading ur ALT or adding batteries. Its not a matter of forcing you its a matter of nessicary, u cant run a 3500 watt cresendo amp on a honda accord with a 90 amp ALT and a 500 CCA battery it will strain ur amp and all the vehicals electronics thats why u would need to upgrade the ALT and battery(s) to be able to keep up with the load demand.

it depends how loud how long you want to play but you would be better off using the extra battery money on the alt, a battery suited for an oem battery and a charger might actually be able to pay for the alt or come close to it in price

Bayuk: I've heard two methods of dual battery wiring. The first one, which seems to be most popular, is the running in parallel method. The second one, which I just learned while shopping around for an alternator, one of the alt makers (quality power or something) swore this is the way to do it. He said to run a cable from the alt directly to each battery instead of running the batteries together in parallel. He was so adamant about it that he convinced me that it was the right way to do it yet I see everyone else here on the forum do it different. What's up with that and what is the real true best method?

Archived