Second Skin Audio

2 Sundown SA12s in 01 Grand Cherokee

Brad Majors

Do it like in this last sketch of yours and it will be good.

Hey man one last check ( sorry im anal ) i keep running this box over and over in all my calculators and keep coming up with 39-40 hz tuning. i know you showed it to be tuned to 35 hz but the only way i see it to get that low would be to have port opening at like 4.5 inches wide. not calling you wrong or anything man just wanting to make sure ive got everything perfect before i build it.

also i read that SQ subs like big boxes high tuning and im assuming thats why u designed it this way but just like being sure is all man and again thanks for everything

also i read that SQ subs like big boxes high tuning and im assuming thats why u designed it this way but just like being sure is all man and again thanks for everything

SQ builds usually have lower tuning 30-35 hz. SPL set-ups are higher.

Hey man one last check ( sorry im anal ) i keep running this box over and over in all my calculators and keep coming up with 39-40 hz tuning. i know you showed it to be tuned to 35 hz but the only way i see it to get that low would be to have port opening at like 4.5 inches wide. not calling you wrong or anything man just wanting to make sure ive got everything perfect before i build it.

Something joe is accounting for that all of the box calcs don't is the effect your cabin will have on tuning of the enclosure. I believe that is why his tuning is different from the others. That and the software he is using

It's a shared port box not common chamber and then you need to apply the end correction for slot ports both effects will lower tuning, lastly you are leaving out the 1 5/16" extensions out so it may tune a little higher than stated but not as much as 40Hz.

It's a shared port box not common chamber and then you need to apply the end correction for slot ports both effects will lower tuning, lastly you are leaving out the 1 5/16" extensions out so it may tune a little higher than stated but not as much as 40Hz.

right on man. i know calcs arent perfect and thats why i ask. excited to get this built because they slam as it is in my box i have now so cant wait for this one. picking up supplies tomorrow and starting and hopefully finishing tomorrow as well. thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

Okay well update I got it all built and man does it rock THANK YOU. put it in the lane at AR SPL and turned a 146.5 and found peak freq last 3 seconds of the run lol doors shut. SO interested to see what it will do with some tweaking and such. but again thank you for the amazing design. Now ima aim for a fart box just to break 150s just for shows. If you have any pointers there let me know. thanks.

Archived