Irocthestreetz Posted February 17, 2016 Report Posted February 17, 2016 I'm running a soundqubed sq2200.2 at 1ohm on a single 15" soundqubed hdc3 and I'm thinking of throwing in a nother hdc315 and running the amp at .5 ohm but would I be wasting $400 (sub+box) for not very much more output? I've never dropped below 11.8 full tilt after minutes at idle, usually I hang around the high 12s with the stock 160 amp alt but will it fry it if I try and run it with my amp at 0.5 ohm? I'd like to get a sizable amount of additional output until I purchase a new car sometime later this year but as I probably won't transfer my system over I don't want to be spending to much on new equipment. Thank you
Massivespl Posted February 17, 2016 Report Posted February 17, 2016 If your already dropping to 11s that's not good... But yes get another woofer and wire to half ohm and then adjust gain accordling so you stay 12v and above until you can get extra batt or a HO alternator... If you add another woofer and go down to .5ohm and get your electrical to handle it you will see a nice gain in output c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music 2 crossfire 8k 4 NSV3 18s 4 crescendo 10s 4 Rockford pro 6.5s Quad excessive amperage 350alts 4 juicebox 3100s
Jake Miles Mckeehan Posted February 17, 2016 Report Posted February 17, 2016 It would add some more output, might have to add a little more to your electrical, but if your not gonna transfer it over to the new car dont waste it, just enjoy it. then when the new car is yours you can add something else or change things around etc...
Jake Miles Mckeehan Posted February 17, 2016 Report Posted February 17, 2016 It would add some more output, might have to add a little more to your electrical, but if your not gonna transfer it over to the new car dont waste it, just enjoy it. then when the new car is yours you can add something else or change things around etc...so its all up to you at that.
gckless Posted February 17, 2016 Report Posted February 17, 2016 No, and you control the output, and therefore amperage draw. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
RooTxBeeR Posted February 17, 2016 Report Posted February 17, 2016 Upgrade the alt before you do that so you don't have to buy a new amp as well. But 2 15 will be louder than 1 15 On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Irocthestreetz Posted February 17, 2016 Author Report Posted February 17, 2016 If your already dropping to 11s that's not good... But yes get another woofer and wire to half ohm and then adjust gain accordling so you stay 12v and above until you can get extra batt or a HO alternator... If you add another woofer and go down to .5ohm and get your electrical to handle it you will see a nice gain in output I thought staying in the high 11s was considered ok? If I throw in a couple new agm batteries should I be okay on not frying anything? I originally wanted to put in a ho alt but I don't want to put to much money in this car if the equipment isn't transferable or to sellable
Irocthestreetz Posted February 17, 2016 Author Report Posted February 17, 2016 Upgrade the alt before you do that so you don't have to buy a new amp as well. But 2 15 will be louder than 1 15 Planning on buying a new car late this year so I'm not wanting to put any money into it that I can't get back at all
Massivespl Posted February 17, 2016 Report Posted February 17, 2016 If your already dropping to 11s that's not good... But yes get another woofer and wire to half ohm and then adjust gain accordling so you stay 12v and above until you can get extra batt or a HO alternator... If you add another woofer and go down to .5ohm and get your electrical to handle it you will see a nice gain in output I thought staying in the high 11s was considered ok? If I throw in a couple new agm batteries should I be okay on not frying anything? I originally wanted to put in a ho alt but I don't want to put to much money in this car if the equipment isn't transferable or to sellable I don't like seeing 11v on my own system so I don't recommend it to others... Battiers last like 5years and then your out your money.... Alternators pretty much last forever... So you can remove the alt and sell it and recoup some money. HO alternators are good investments of you ask me. You can sell them years later for acouple Hundo less then you bought... Can't really sell battiers 10years later... Just saying alittle food for your mind c-pillar flat wall 157.11db on music 2 crossfire 8k 4 NSV3 18s 4 crescendo 10s 4 Rockford pro 6.5s Quad excessive amperage 350alts 4 juicebox 3100s
Irocthestreetz Posted February 17, 2016 Author Report Posted February 17, 2016 If your already dropping to 11s that's not good... But yes get another woofer and wire to half ohm and then adjust gain accordling so you stay 12v and above until you can get extra batt or a HO alternator... If you add another woofer and go down to .5ohm and get your electrical to handle it you will see a nice gain in outputI thought staying in the high 11s was considered ok? If I throw in a couple new agm batteries should I be okay on not frying anything? I originally wanted to put in a ho alt but I don't want to put to much money in this car if the equipment isn't transferable or to sellableI don't like seeing 11v on my own system so I don't recommend it to others... Battiers last like 5years and then your out your money.... Alternators pretty much last forever... So you can remove the alt and sell it and recoup some money. HO alternators are good investments of you ask me. You can sell them years later for acouple Hundo less then you bought... Can't really sell battiers 10years later... Just saying alittle food for your mind I definitely agree on buying a ho alt would be the best route to go power wise but I honestly doubt I could sell a $750 singer alt for $600+ In resonable time but I can get 2 interstate agm batteries for $100 bucks and if I can't sell those latee on then it is what it is. Just trying to do whats somewhat cost efficient for now as I want to mainly focus on my muscle car but I'd like to get a little more output from my DD rig I'm happy what I get from one 15 but I don't want to have to max it to get the air flowing.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.