Sonic Electronix

Missing notes with same equipment in new truck.

Ok so for about 4 years now I have been running a Pionner AVH headunit, Precision Power 1200W amp, and 4 DD 1508's. The box is a pretty simple large ported enclosure. I was in the back of my 2005 Suburban. I have since replaced the Suburban with a 2013 Tahoe.

I have now installed the amp and subs in the back of the Tahoe. I purchased a new Pioneer AVH headunit for its bluetooth and smartphone capabilities. The only new piece of equipment.

Upon my first listening session, I was missing the higher frequencies of the bass notes. I assumed the crossover settings were not aligned so it was just not playing correctly. I turned off the crossover in the headunit and just use the low pass built into the Precision Power. The bass is a lil better but nothing like it was in the previous truck. The low notes whale and some of the high notes dont even play.

What are ya'lls ideas?

RCA's bad?

Bad channel in amp?

Crossover in amp?

Speakers out of phase?

Thanks for you insight.

2013 Tahoe PPV

Pioneer

XS Power

Tru Technologies

Digital Designs

Precision Power

The environment changed, the sound changes. Try moving your enclosure around, changing the firing direction of the port. You're only using the LPF on the amp now, so where is it set, and how did you determine set it to that position?

Yes I agree with you that the vehicle can make a difference but my two trucks are so similar. I am leaning more towards the crossover. I never changed the setting on the amp. I think its set about 75hz. Ill check after work. Thank you.

2013 Tahoe PPV

Pioneer

XS Power

Tru Technologies

Digital Designs

Precision Power

The vehicles are similar but i don't believe it takes a lot of change in order to make a difference. The materials used on the interior are different, thus absorb sound differently. The length of the vehicle changed, making your loading wall closer than it was previously.

But I could be over thinking it. Maybe someone with better knowledge of acoustics can chime in.

burban is longer the wave length has changed the resonate freq has changed the Deck has changed

Even if you kill the cross over on a deck if you are using SUB out RCA's there is a freq cut off on that set of outputs

Try using rear full range RCA out on your deck see if that changes anything

thats A LOT of changes

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Just saw this and glad you got it figured out.

But like reedal and Alpine408 already stated, over the years we've found HUGE differences required in order to make proper bass in a Tahoe vs. a Suburban. Frankly for a 'standard' type audio upgrade with a box behind the back seats (not a wall or a full cargo area setup) those two vehicles are almost as far apart as it gets until you get to something with a separate cargo area like a trunk. Odd, I know, but true.

Static drops are my bag.

Archived