Second Skin Audio

Any Regular cab box Guru's out there?

RyanRosier

hard for me to say with out putting it on the meter but a 40 might be possible somewhere around 40-50hz... now the box did play low but no with a lot autority i would say it had a good bandwidth from 30-60. if you want ported to better help out the low end respond you will have to down size to a single 10". or give up leg room for 12"

hard for me to say with out putting it on the meter but a 40 might be possible somewhere around 40-50hz... now the box did play low but no with a lot autority i would say it had a good bandwidth from 30-60. if you want ported to better help out the low end respond you will have to down size to a single 10". or give up leg room for 12"

I gotcha, I gotcha, how much room would you think I'd lose with 2 12's ported

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

It's gonna be hard to get low with such a small box. A 12 sealed needs like 2-2.5 cu on its own. I wouldn't expect anything lower than 35hz with these designs. Reg cabs just overall suck for builds lets be honest lol

My blowthrough doesn't suck. In cabin designs suck unless you want to go with 8s or 10s ported. Otherwise you're giving up a lot of legroom to only get marginally loud.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

It's gonna be hard to get low with such a small box. A 12 sealed needs like 2-2.5 cu on its own. I wouldn't expect anything lower than 35hz with these designs. Reg cabs just overall suck for builds lets be honest lol

My blowthrough doesn't suck. In cabin designs suck unless you want to go with 8s or 10s ported. Otherwise you're giving up a lot of legroom to only get marginally loud.

Tell me and be honest, ;) What brand of tens can sound as good as 12's. I've heard my whole life that there is a bigger difference. I mean will tens actually shake and vibrate ya dinglelang as hard as 12's can? I am starting to think they can with what ive been reading here, but since I have never heard any tens... I can only infer so much Sierra

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

So what you're saying is, ported either with a single 10 or single 12? if all components were the same Fi SSD, same amount of watts ( im pretty sure their RMS is 1000 a piece) the 12 would be louder due to more cone area right?

Tell me and be honest, ;) What brand of tens can sound as good as 12's. I've heard my whole life that there is a bigger difference. I mean will tens actually shake and vibrate ya dinglelang as hard as 12's can? I am starting to think they can with what ive been reading here, but since I have never heard any tens... I can only infer so much Sierra

2 10s in the proper amount of ported airspace in your truck will absolutely SHIT on 2 12s in a sealed or undersized ported box. I'd look into Soundqubed HDC3, Fi Bl or Q series and similar ~1500W 10s. You'll do a box similar to my single 15" box with round aero ports firing into the passenger B-pillar for best results.

I run Crossfire obviously and if it were me, I'd run 2 C7 10s behind the seat. Crossfire isn't for everyone since they only sell in brick and mortar stores. It's all I will run however because Roger is a great guy.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

2 10s in the proper amount of ported airspace in your truck will absolutely SHIT on 2 12s in a sealed or undersized ported box. I'd look into Soundqubed HDC3, Fi Bl or Q series and similar ~1500W 10s. You'll do a box similar to my single 15" box with round aero ports firing into the passenger B-pillar for best results.

I run Crossfire obviously and if it were me, I'd run 2 C7 10s behind the seat. Crossfire isn't for everyone since they only sell in brick and mortar stores. It's all I will run however because Roger is a great guy.

will there be any difference in that 1k for dual 1500 subs vs some 1k subs?

will there be any major difference in that 1k for dual 1500 subs vs some 1k subs?

My in cab design doesnt suck!

I'll do body filler all day every day, but this reinforced, fortified fucking kitty hair can kiss my balls.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived