Help! Cybersitter Is Kicking My Ass!

Could someone please help me remove or disable cybersitter from my computer. Is there a removal tool out there to do this? My operating system is windows 2000. Not too sure what version of cybersitter is installed though. Probably 2002 or newer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

why are you running windows 2000?

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

ok, this is a work computer. We have about 60 computers in the field & they all are running 2000 & some version of cybersitter. They block everything using cybersitter. The only websites I can go to are job related. Kinda sucks not being able to check your email after being offshore for 6 weeks!

dj2q.jpg

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

before you post I have already tried the following methods with no success:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9...1bd/msicuu2.exe

After you download it, click on start, programs, windows install cleanup, select cyberstitter from the list and click remove. This should kill the nasty little booger!

how to disable CYBERsitter 2002: the "permanent" removal procedure for CYBERsitter 2000, below, also works for the 2002 edition. The "per-session" method, however, does not.

how to disable CYBERsitter 2000:

This procedure disables CS2000 on a session-by-session basis (e.g. until you reset the computer or change users) ...

1) click start~run and type regedit, then press enter. this will open the registry editor.

2) navigate to the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders.

3) delete the key 'net98'.

you are now filter-free. (note: this must be done every time you start windows or change users.)

This procedure disables the censorware permanently (e.g. remains disabled if you reboot the computer, change users, etc.)

1) run regedit.

2) navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run.

3) delete any instances of 'C2K'

You will probably need to restart the computer for the above to take effect.

how to disable CYBERsitter (older versions):

Method 12:

To disable CYBERsitter 97 (sorry, this won't work with v2.12 or the proxy-server version):

( * Note that the above text is a graphic banner. This is to prevent CYBERsitter from detecting the words and censoring them out. To spread this information on your own pages in a manner in which CYBERsitter 'victims' will be able to read it, you will need to display it as a graphic.)

Method 22:

Download this small program (written by Saruman of DFR Rese*rch & Engineering). It contains a program to display CYBERsitter 97's master password and another to decrypt its blockfiles and let you see exactly what is being blocked by this software:

dj2q.jpg

before you post I have already tried the following methods with no success:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9...1bd/msicuu2.exe

After you download it, click on start, programs, windows install cleanup, select cyberstitter from the list and click remove. This should kill the nasty little booger!

how to disable CYBERsitter 2002: the "permanent" removal procedure for CYBERsitter 2000, below, also works for the 2002 edition. The "per-session" method, however, does not.

how to disable CYBERsitter 2000:

This procedure disables CS2000 on a session-by-session basis (e.g. until you reset the computer or change users) ...

1) click start~run and type regedit, then press enter. this will open the registry editor.

2) navigate to the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders.

3) delete the key 'net98'.

you are now filter-free. (note: this must be done every time you start windows or change users.)

This procedure disables the censorware permanently (e.g. remains disabled if you reboot the computer, change users, etc.)

1) run regedit.

2) navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run.

3) delete any instances of 'C2K'

You will probably need to restart the computer for the above to take effect.

how to disable CYBERsitter (older versions):

Method 12:

To disable CYBERsitter 97 (sorry, this won't work with v2.12 or the proxy-server version):

( * Note that the above text is a graphic banner. This is to prevent CYBERsitter from detecting the words and censoring them out. To spread this information on your own pages in a manner in which CYBERsitter 'victims' will be able to read it, you will need to display it as a graphic.)

Method 22:

Download this small program (written by Saruman of DFR Rese*rch & Engineering). It contains a program to display CYBERsitter 97's master password and another to decrypt its blockfiles and let you see exactly what is being blocked by this software:

Did you try doing those steps in safe mode? do you have admin rights on the computer also?

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

yes tried in safe mode & am logged on as admin. I was really looking for a user friendly removal tool that I could distribute to guys in the company. We have alot of "not so tech savy" people that work for us, so user friendly instructions are the key. My origional solution to this problem was to tell everyone to simply buy a laptop but that idea didn't really catch on. I guess instructions to get the password or a password retrieval tool would be just as good as getting rid of it.

Edited by jsmoke222000

dj2q.jpg

yes tried in safe mode & am logged on as admin. I was really looking for a user friendly removal tool that I could distribute to guys in the company. We have alot of "not so tech savy" people that work for us, so user friendly instructions are the key. My origional solution to this problem was to tell everyone to simply buy a laptop but that idea didn't really catch on. I guess instructions to get the password or a password retrieval tool would be just as good as getting rid of it.

God it's hard for me to tell you what to do without me being there dicking with it...

umm as admin goto run type in msconfig... goto startup disable it there... first step i would do..

does it run as a service too? idk

boot into safe mode as admin... try uninstalling/deleting all c2k files...

go into regedit... search for c2k keys maybe?

never really dealt a ton with content filtering software... i mean there has to be a way around it. fuck format the bitch ;)

idk shit man sorry

Did you try contacting your IT department... or whoever does the computer work and see if they have it wrote down somewhere maybe? is there someone that knows the password and can type it in? if so keylogger?

Edited by Shyne151

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

hope you produce a lot of business for your company, if not couldnt you possibly find yourself fired for trying to disable thier security measures?

At any rate, download a copy of virtual PC and run a virtual machine which WONT have thier cybersitter software on it.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/...pc/default.mspx

All you will need then is a windows OS to put on the virtual machine and you can easily have a self contained environment to surf in at a disc space cost of less than 10gigs (of course it might eat up all the memory and cpu of your host OS but just use one at a time and you'll be fine, especially since the host will be win2000). You can then distribute the vpc image to the other people at your company for them to do the same thing.