Sound staging in a Regular Cab

RyanRosier

Cough,cough I know a guy who can build pillar's

Cough,cough I know a guy who can build pillar's

Cough, me too. Ugly guy, but he sure knows how to build.

I am assuming (which is wrong to do) That yall are both either A talking about Billz, or referencing each other. loll, Either way, I want pillars. And will ahve them by the end of next month. Whether I do it or ship em out. Hold me to it guys.

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

PPI is coming out with a 2 way set in that series

you dont have to go 3 ways I prefer 3 ways but I also prefer SQ systems now a days

there are bunch of great 2 way sets with passive cross overs

or make dash pods out of wood try your hand at fiberglass on the pods

with dash pods if you screw up you can throw the pod away and start over vs destroying your pillars

Eh, I think I'll go with the 3 ways. Those are pretty nice

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

Bang for the buck, those PPIs are going to be hard to beat since they are a matched set with very capable passive crossovers.

I haven't personally heard them but I trust the guy's opinions that said they sound great.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

While we're on the topic here, how in the world do I get the bottom part of my pillars out?

I was gonna say, once you get them unclipped from the top, you just pull.

Well currently I am make cardboard cutouts for this. Is there any specific angle these need to be pointed? I'm gonna go with the PPI 3 way, with the mid and tweet in the pillar. (Seen someone do the tweet in pillar only and 3 and 6 inch one in the door so thought I'd clarify mine) Does the bottom closet to windshield need to be higher? or..? I want these to almost look like they were made to be there. My main goal is to avoid some bulky ugly as thing obstructing my view. Yall know?

Archived