Sound staging in a Regular Cab

RyanRosier

I have a 2003 Silverado Reg Cab, Cloth interior non bose system. How can I change the sound stage to the front rather than the ear bleeding 4x6's in the pillars. I thought about glassin my A-pillars up with a set of either 3.5 componets or some 4" ones. What would be the difference in sound between the sizes? And then what about my doors? The kicker ds 6.5's I have currently have no life to them what so ever, I feel like my legs block them all out.

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

Ditch the rears for sure, some nice pillars will do wonders, I'd do a 4" and a tweet personally.

How well are your doors acoustically treated?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

First off ... Unplug the rear drivers and start from there.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Yes get rid of the ear bleeding 4x6 in the back Pillars. Upgrading door speakers to handle MIdbass will take a bit of prep for best results. Sealing & Deadening the doors and cavity.

Not sure what if any the sound difference between 3.5 and 4" components in the a pillars but would change the sound imaging for the better. PPI has a set of 3-ways that a lot of members here like and they are afforable.

What HU, What amps, Ect will help in assisting you in your build.

Yes get rid of the ear bleeding 4x6 in the back Pillars. Upgrading door speakers to handle MIdbass will take a bit of prep for best results. Sealing & Deadening the doors and cavity.

Not sure what if any the sound difference between 3.5 and 4" components in the a pillars but would change the sound imaging for the better. PPI has a set of 3-ways that a lot of members here like and they are afforable.

What HU, What amps, Ect will help in assisting you in your build.

Okay, particular brand and thickness of deadner (anyone can suggest)

I see, what model of PPI? and would you not rather have a component set vs co-axils?

Pioneer DEH-X6600BT, Got a Kicker SX650.1 on the subs(Kicker Comp S's 12", 2.) An havent really decided on an amp yet, Was thinking like a Fosgate Prime 300x4 or maybe use my old ZR240 with the high pass filter. I dunno, sugestions for a mids an highs combination? $250 ish range? That too much or too low?

First off ... Unplug the rear drivers and start from there.

Okayy

Ditch the rears for sure, some nice pillars will do wonders, I'd do a 4" and a tweet personally.

How well are your doors acoustically treated?

Okay, so rear fill is not really a concern since the rear is where my head goes? lol

And Not at all. Not even a foam baffle for the speaker :D

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

Those foam baffles are garbage anyway.

You'll notice a huge difference if you deaden those doors properly.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Those foam baffles are garbage anyway.

You'll notice a huge difference if you deaden those doors properly.

I have always been told that, But I watched steve use them in his lexus, of course his stuff was deadened, but doesn't that mean you cut into the airspace? I know it doesn't matter as much with smaller speakers as it does subs, but... In theory right?

Pillars or built kicks would be a good start.

I'm putting these in my A pillar along with a 1" silk dome tweet.

295-422_HR_0.jpg

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-ds90-8-3-designer-series-extended-range-speaker--295-422

Link^^^

Good night! How deep am I gonna have to build my pillar to fit that into it???

Edit: Those look sick, and price is great imho, What are you gonna amp these with?

Edit: They only take 20 watts rms though.. Is that not low..?

Archived