Sound staging in a Regular Cab

RyanRosier

Go to YouTube and search for "caraudiofabrication" Mark is really good at explaining steps in layman's terms, and he's also pretty talented too.

I love mark, I'm currrently watching how to deaden like a pro. lol I guess I'm being a little lazy and wanting full step by steps instead of trying to actually figure nd learn something on my own

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

Well eventually you gotta get your hands dirty, or itchy I guess if we're talking about fiberglass. Watching and reading is cool and all, but there is no better way to learn than by doing

See I want to jump off an try it, but then I also dont because I dont want to dump cash in it, only to jack it up an have to restart. I think Im gonna sit back for now and collect more info and purchase the other stuff I can that doesnt require hands on. (Subs, New Deck, Amps, Dynomat stuff((not nescisarily the brand)) wire, Perhaps a DD-1 or CC-1 (unless someone wants to mail me theirs later down the road, send some cash their way of course, nothing is free in life.))) and of course those PPI 3 ways.)

2003 Chevy Silverado Reg Cab. Rockford Fosgate 500a2 and Kicker ZR240 each on their own 12" Kicker Comp S. Small, but everyone's gotta start somewhere.

Its not that hard. Takes more time and patients than anything. I started with kick panel, then doors and now these A-pillars.

Its not that hard. Takes more time and patients than anything. I started with kick panel, then doors and now these A-pillars.

Thats what I'm starting to think and have thought, just first time jitters I guess

Buy a pair of pillars from the junk yard. Then if you shag it up you're only out a little bit of cash and your time. Plus you'll learn something no matter what.

I have been concidering that, and probably will go tomorrow

Buy a pair of pillars from the junk yard. Then if you shag it up you're only out a little bit of cash and your time. Plus you'll learn something no matter what.

Got my set for $10.

Would kicks do anything to help with a sound stage? I dont really want imaging down below or anything, I mean kicks are mainly for kicks right? lol Look cool and add some sound but not effective as other options?

Mostly for midbass, don't put midrange or tweets that low.

So some 6.5's or even some 8's would suffice nicely? And how would you get them to have mid bass? I know on doors when you deaden them it totally is a game changer, but how do your reencorporate that in a kick?

Archived