Second Skin Audio

Box bracing identification

Totalnoob

Hey guys i noticed a lot of build using these kinds of bracing and have no idea what they are called. I would like to try to use them in the future if you guys can help me out to identify the names of the 2 bracing pictures i posted. Also which one of the 2 types would be easier to install? Which one would be more effective at bracing the center of a box? Thanks

Bracing 1

ebVliSV.png

Bracing 2

lwKvhHH.png

some people have the ability to thread their own pipe. That becomes useful, I cut pipe to the exact size then welded it. those pipe mounts cost like 10 each at home depot but you can get em way cheaper online.

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

Floor flanges are like $14 each at Lowes. We just get square tube and make base plates with 1/8" steel. Muchhhhhh cheaper.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

HD will cut and thread at no cost. You buy the length, they cut what you need and if you have any leftover, you can bring it back and have them cut and thread it at a later date for no charge (just keep your receipt).

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

Floor flanges are like $14 each at Lowes. We just get square tube and make base plates with 1/8" steel. Muchhhhhh cheaper.

Wow! At our Lowe's and Menards pipe/floor flanges are about $3 a piece.

The base plate with stock steel is exactly what I use on the outside of the box as well. No need for it to have any depth to thread into. Looks a lot cleaner imo

Oh ok thanks guys i guess i will try out the floor flange way. After you guys thread in the flanges do you guys glue it or is it sturdy enough to just screw on and leave it? Also is there room for error when installing it because i would hate for it to be a bit too short. Also what bolts do you use to bolt it to the box?

Archived